+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job search before PR Invite

yuvabk

Aug 15, 2018
Hello All,

I have applied for Express entry by month of July, However need your inputs on Job search before receiving invite to apply. Please share your thoughts and experience of receiving Job offer prior to PR Invite.

Regards,
Yuvaraj

suresh1389

Aug 16, 2018
India
Hi,

Me too confused over the same question. I am about to submit application under express entry program. I keep an agenda that it is better to have a job offer in hand before we actually land to canada.

I am trying for job from last couple of weeks. But the feedback I received from most employer was that they do not prefer candidates not having work permit or who are not physically present in canada.

I feel, having a PR visa is must requirement, then only we can be considered by employers in canada. Once PR visa is issued, then there is a time period upto the expiration of medical certificate by when we have to do a soft landing in canada atleast or else PR visa gets expired. So I think once PR visa is in hand, we will have some sufficient time period before landing to canada(upto expiration of medical), in that period we can try for job offers.

Please share if you have some more info on top of this.

Regards,
Suresh