+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job search - Backup plans

prescot

Jul 20, 2015
After months of deliberations, I have decided to quit current work and land in Canada. Short landing was done already and I have the PR card. Remote search did not yield any results so far. Even a couple of leads requested for physical presence and did not entertain remote hiring process. Knowing very well the hardships in getting a job, I would like to prepare for worst case scenarios where I don't land a job in three to four months. The goal is to obtain canadian education if canadian experience is unattainable. Planning to do one year mba (two year ruled out due to high opportunity cost) or Masters in Management. Can anyone comment if pursuing studies/ certifications would make a difference? Target is to enter IT related functional roles. No ambition to push my way through Marketing/PR/Sales etc. where cultural barriers might be higher. Looking at Hec, Ivey, University of Toronto Certification courses.

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
You did not mention your background and qualification ?

imohamed

Jun 6, 2017
After months of deliberations, I have decided to quit current work and land in Canada. Short landing was done already and I have the PR card. Remote search did not yield any results so far. Even a couple of leads requested for physical presence and did not entertain remote hiring process. Knowing very well the hardships in getting a job, I would like to prepare for worst case scenarios where I don't land a job in three to four months. The goal is to obtain canadian education if canadian experience is unattainable. Planning to do one year mba (two year ruled out due to high opportunity cost) or Masters in Management. Can anyone comment if pursuing studies/ certifications would make a difference? Target is to enter IT related functional roles. No ambition to push my way through Marketing/PR/Sales etc. where cultural barriers might be higher. Looking at Hec, Ivey, University of Toronto Certification courses.

You should email me because I am currently putting together a free workshop aim to teach newcomers all the skills needed to land a job in Canada. Here is my email: imohamed@skillsforchange.org

I hope to help!