+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job responsibilities in the employer letter

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

Could someone help with this please? For the employer's letter, should I copy and paste the job responsibilities that match under the NOC code or should I ask my employer to describe in their own words? They are happy to do either.

Thank you

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Better if Employer writes everything in their own wording.
You do not need to copy/paste exact Job responsibilities from CIC website.
For e.g., In my Exp. letter, Employer used their own phrases and format.
It would be great if they can write a reference paragraph at the end e.g. "This person is an asset to our company etc....".

Reactions: right_gear

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi,

Could someone help with this please? For the employer's letter, should I copy and paste the job responsibilities that match under the NOC code or should I ask my employer to describe in their own words? They are happy to do either.

Thank you
It is never recommended to copy the duties from your NOC verbatum.

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
If the job title is from one noc and the responsibilitie are from another , can it pose any problem? For eg the place where i work use the job title analytical chemist in noc 2112 but its job duties does not match except 1 . But in another noc 2211 my job title is not present but the job duties match 90% to my work. Can i use the second one? Is it compulsory to have my job title match with noc job title? Or only job duties matter ?

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
It is never recommended to copy the duties from your NOC verbatum.
Thank you. Thats very helpful. Then can they easily make the association between the NOC responsibilities and those in the letter? I just hope they have the right people who can assess it properly.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you. Thats very helpful. Then can they easily make the association between the NOC responsibilities and those in the letter? I just hope they have the right people who can assess it properly.
Rather than giving your responsibilities as is in employer words, and given that you know your job aligns with a particular noc, you need to tailor your letter so that it can be interpreted to your noc easily. Officers and analysts are normal people (not experts in any industry) and they will just check whatever you provided aligns with noc. Best is to paraphrase the noc responsibilities and ensure 60-70% match with noc responsibilities.

My application is still in progress, but I just added whatever I learnt from this forum.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Thank you, Deepcur. Do you have a format/example you could share please? That would be really appreciated.
I found this old thread where you'll find some samples.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sample-employment-reference-letter.47414/

Key things to remember in your reference letter,

Period of employment (if you have specific dates, then use them, if not provide the month and year)
Hours worked per week
Job title
Roles and Responsibilities - Choose 4 or 5 of the best skilled aspects of your job, and make sure this aligns well with the requirements of the NOC.
Salary details
Add the date when the letter was prepared or signed.
Contact details of your employer - Phone number, email, website
Ensure this is on a company letter head
Make sure its signed by HR or your direct supervisor

Also go through the requirements on the CIC website to double check everything they require is in the letter.

Hope this helps!!

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
I found this old thread where you'll find some samples.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sample-employment-reference-letter.47414/

Key things to remember in your reference letter,

Period of employment (if you have specific dates, then use them, if not provide the month and year)
Hours worked per week
Job title
Roles and Responsibilities - Choose 4 or 5 of the best skilled aspects of your job, and make sure this aligns well with the requirements of the NOC.
Salary details
Add the date when the letter was prepared or signed.
Contact details of your employer - Phone number, email, website
Ensure this is on a company letter head
Make sure its signed by HR or your direct supervisor

Also go through the requirements on the CIC website to double check everything they require is in the letter.

Hope this helps!!
Thank you. This is great. A quick follow-up:

1. Who should the letter be address to?
2. Does the Business Card go separately as a scanned document or is it stapled to the letter?

Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you. This is great. A quick follow-up:

1. Who should the letter be address to?
2. Does the Business Card go separately as a scanned document or is it stapled to the letter?

Thanks
1) To whomsoever it may concern
2) Business card not required if letter is on letterhead. If you still like to give, put it as separate scanned page after the letter. If you cannot get the document in letterhead for any reason, get it in plain paper and have your supervisor notarized. In that case, add his business card. Also add an explanation on why you could not get in letterhead and add any proofs (if any) that you have to substantiate the claim.

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
1) To whomsoever it may concern
2) Business card not required if letter is on letterhead. If you still like to give, put it as separate scanned page after the letter. If you cannot get the document in letterhead for any reason, get it in plain paper and have your supervisor notarized. In that case, add his business card. Also add an explanation on why you could not get in letterhead and add any proofs (if any) that you have to substantiate the claim.
Great! Thanks - you're not champion for no reason!