+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job requirement for Spousal Sponsorship

roshiny

Jan 17, 2022
Hi
I am a new PR and I just worked temporarily in a job and after 2weeks, I left it as I couldn’t move forward with it. For sponsoring spouse, can I show this job as a proof of employment and then raise a webform about the new job to IRCC.
Suggestions please.

thank you

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Yes. You just need to be holding "a job." It can be any job, one you had 13 years ago, or 3 months ago. IRCC agents are from Canada, so they will count the probationary period as not a real period of employment, so only after you've passed that, and then gotten a letter from your job's HR stating:

1. You are employed with them (properly named)
2. Your job type (Full time, part time, contract, etc..)
3. Your hourly rate

will you be able to pass your check as employed.

Your notice of assessment and bank statements are what will have the heaviest weight though, as they need to make sure that even if you job hop and job drift, you can still consistently make the same amount of reliably money above the low income threshold.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Yes. You just need to be holding "a job." It can be any job, one you had 13 years ago, or 3 months ago. IRCC agents are from Canada, so they will count the probationary period as not a real period of employment, so only after you've passed that, and then gotten a letter from your job's HR stating:

1. You are employed with them (properly named)
2. Your job type (Full time, part time, contract, etc..)
3. Your hourly rate

will you be able to pass your check as employed.

Your notice of assessment and bank statements are what will have the heaviest weight though, as they need to make sure that even if you job hop and job drift, you can still consistently make the same amount of reliably money above the low income threshold.
OP left the job. So no they can't use for sponsorship purposes, and frankly two weeks of employment probably doesn't count towards much. OP needs to currently have a job or significant savings instead.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
OP left the job. So no they can't use for sponsorship purposes, and frankly two weeks of employment probably doesn't count towards much. OP needs to currently have a job or significant savings instead.
He can wait 3 months after being employed at whatever job he plans to use for employment proof though. But it also depends on how he became a PR. If he was sponsored by his mother per se, then he'll need to have a waiting period before he can turn around and sponsor someone else. Since he is a new PR, and hasn't said that he's not sponsored, I am assuming that he is sponsored. So by the time he gets off that waiting period, he can accumulate at least 3+ months in a new job, preferably a year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am a new PR and I just worked temporarily in a job and after 2weeks, I left it as I couldn’t move forward with it. For sponsoring spouse, can I show this job as a proof of employment and then raise a webform about the new job to IRCC.
Suggestions please.

thank you
As others have pointed out you can’t include that job as proof of employment in Canada.

roshiny

Jan 17, 2022
Thank you for clarifying. As I am a new PR, I don’t have notice of assessment, so what can be done on that

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thank you for clarifying. As I am a new PR, I don’t have notice of assessment, so what can be done on that
On the checklist there is a note that says if you can't provide a recent NOA then you should provide an explanation. In your case, you can provide explanation that you just landed and include strong financial supporting documents.
- Payslips
- Bank statements
- etc.
You need to show that you are working and capable of financially supporting your spouse as per the sponsorship undertaking. Note there is no minimum dollar limit for spousal sponsorship.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An self explanation letter that you don't have NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT/Option C print out because being new PR.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the checklist there is a note that says if you can't provide a recent NOA then you should provide an explanation. In your case, you can provide explanation that you just landed and include strong financial supporting documents.
- Payslips
- Bank statements
- etc.
You need to show that you are working and capable of financially supporting your spouse as per the sponsorship undertaking. Note there is no minimum dollar limit for spousal sponsorship.
No employment is needed. But capable of financially supporting the sponsered spouse.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Include your savings accounts. When you’ve secureda job in Canada you can update your file to include your new job with offer letter showing salary and copy of your bank account showing your salary being deposited. You must show that you will be able to support your family without government help. If your spouse has secured a job that will start when she arrives in Canada you can also include prof of that future income.

roshiny

Jan 17, 2022
Include your savings accounts. When you’ve secureda job in Canada you can update your file to include your new job with offer letter showing salary and copy of your bank account showing your salary being deposited. You must show that you will be able to support your family without government help. If your spouse has secured a job that will start when she arrives in Canada you can also include prof of that future income.
thank you