+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job reference letter/ General FSW queries

toothless469

Nov 27, 2022
Hello all,

My CRS score is 478 and I have decided to begin prepping to get my job reference letters hoping I get ITA by march/ april 2023.

Please help me with following queries-

1. How likely is it for me to get an ITA by Feb-April 2023? is there any chance of IRCC to stop doing FSW rounds in 2023?
2. I currently work for a company in US on student visa and I'm in queue for H1B lottery in March 2023, I don't want to let my employer know that I'm pursuing Canada PR to not raise red flags. is it a MUST requirement to convey my employer that the job reference letter is for Canada PR? is there any way they would come to know about this in the future once I get an ITA or is there any stages where I would have to convey this to my employer?
3. I am eligible for FSW based on my current job as I'm here since 1.5 years. I would achieve 3+ years work exp by just listing down my full time jobs, but I have listed 2 internships which I did during my masters on student visa in the USA as per of my masters program. is it OK to list them on my profile? I heard it is perfectly OK to list paid, continuous, full time internships outside Canada in express entry profile, just confirming this.
4. I'm sure about NOC codes for my full time jobs but confused about what to use for my internships, what would happen if they reject the existing NOC's I identified? It wont reduce my score right as I still have 3 years exp without counting internships?
5. Do I have to send original ( paper copies) of job reference letters post ITA to IRCC or would PDF's work?

Finally, if there is anybody in a similar situation as me ( Masters in US, currently in last round for H1B and student visa to expire June 2023 and in FSW pool), please reach out to me.

Thanks