+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job reference letter for NOC 2174

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi guys,

My previous company wrote a reference letter that contains the following duties:
- Write of code and documentation
- Test applications and inform errors
- Participate in applications development

Looking at the NOC 2174 description, this seems enough to identify my experience inside this NOC. Can anybody that successfully got a PR with this NOC give me a feedback on it?

Thank you

viviam

Oct 20, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hi! My husband is the main applicant and he is also a NOC 2174 professional, but we don't receive an ITA yet (we have 423 CRS points).
It really seems that the duties the company mentioned in the letter are enough, since "write of code" and "applications development" are related to programming and development. But I think the most important is what job title is mentioned in this letter.
In my opinion you are safe with the duties described, if your job title is one of the NOC job titles listed on this page.

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi! My husband is the main applicant and he is also a NOC 2174 professional, but we don't receive an ITA yet (we have 423 CRS points).
It really seems that the duties the company mentioned in the letter are enough, since "write of code" and "applications development" are related to programming and development. But I think the most important is what job title is mentioned in this letter.
In my opinion you are safe with the duties described, if your job title is one of the NOC job titles listed on this page.
From what I've read in this forum, the most important things are the duties not the job title. My job title was software engineer but my duties definitely do not fall in the NOC 2173.
I got my ITA on Jan 10th

viviam

Oct 20, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
From what I've read in this forum, the most important things are the duties not the job title. My job title was software engineer but my duties definitely do not fall in the NOC 2173.
I got my ITA on Jan 10th
It makes sense. If your duties were related to 2173 you should be a regulamented professional in Canada.
I think you are fine with your letter.

Congrats for your ITA!

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi guys,

My previous company wrote a reference letter that contains the following duties:
- Write of code and documentation
- Test applications and inform errors
- Participate in applications development

Looking at the NOC 2174 description, this seems enough to identify my experience inside this NOC. Can anybody that successfully got a PR with this NOC give me a feedback on it?

Thank you
It seems you have successfully got PR. I am just curious about what your job duties, did you keep the same duties shown here or modified. Can you provide the sample duties?

akankha

Dec 17, 2017
Is it ok for NOC 2174?

Asst Programmer analytics May 2013 to September 2017

• Performing requirements analysis, meet management needs, processing documentation for new websites of Bank.
  • Develop and Write code for new websites for ABC BANK
  • Conducting requirement analysis, feasibility study, complex requirements for BACPS 2 & BEFTN (Central Clearing) system project development.
  • Performing quality assurance test, white box testing security controls, Testing fund transfer related API activities.
  • Analyzing the feedback from other operational departments and managing integration to the new system.
  • Develop and deploy business-related reports in different environments.

2. Programmer analytics – From September 2017 to October 2018

• Full responsible for the entire project's new Hajj and remittance system.
  • Implement Enhancements to the system which includes changing the RDMS database.
  • Designing Architecture of new modules, Database and developing automation systems for an existing manual Gate pass.
  • Develop and deploy business-related reports in different environments.
  • Testing systems, deploying programs, integrating software components, and third-party programs.
  • Setting up the servers to test the application on apache and JBoss environment with a combination of a complex caching system and making sure the application is perfect for all mention projects.
  • Leading and managing the developer team of Titas Gas Billing automation project.
  • Write and maintain technical documentation to describe the application development, Algorithm, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections for the application.