+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Prospects for B.D.S. with MBA in Healthcare Management

neysa_175

Apr 29, 2019
Hi. I am a dentist with MBA in Healthcare Management from India. pursued dentistry for 5.5 years and then have 3 years of experience post MBA. I do not intend to pursue dentistry, instead I wish to take up a Management role (not necessarily in hospitals. I am currently handling a Business Analysis & Business Development role in a hospital). Can someone plz help me to understand the job prospects in Canada for such an educational and professional background?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi. I am a dentist with MBA in Healthcare Management from India. pursued dentistry for 5.5 years and then have 3 years of experience post MBA. I do not intend to pursue dentistry, instead I wish to take up a Management role (not necessarily in hospitals. I am currently handling a Business Analysis & Business Development role in a hospital). Can someone plz help me to understand the job prospects in Canada for such an educational and professional background?
Your best bet is to review job websites. You have unique educational backgrounds and experience and it would be best if you google for jobs and see what is available in Canada. LinkedIn, Indeed etc is really helpful in this research.

Reactions: neysa_175

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Roles in healthcare management are somewhat limited compared to other countries because of our public healthcare system. Many of the health management sector employees have knowledge of the Canadian system. Best bet would be to target business jobs that are somewhat related to health, science, etc. The other issue is whether your degrees will be recognized by most employers. On top of Canadians vying for all these jobs there are tons of new immigrants who have come with foreign dentistry, medical, pharmacy degrees and an MBA or other business degrees that are intending to do exactly what you are planning on doing. Pros and cons to immigrating. Immigrating doesn’t mean better lifestyle. It often doesn’t. If you’re married does your spouse intend to work? Two incomes are really usually required to live comfortably and be able to save in my opinion. Like any new immigrant if you have realistic expectations. Some communities have made Canada seem like some sort of utopia when it isn’t.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
1> there are people on this forum living a lavish life earning 75K annually before taxes. so...each to his own...

2> layoffs are also common these days...so you need to be thick skinned...and have decent savings...12 months expenses....I guess

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Unless you immigrated with millions of dollars a 75K salary can not equal a lavish lifestyle. In some regions or if you are single you can definitely have a comfortable life but far from lavish.