+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job prospects after studying fashion marketing in Canada?

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello! I am currently studying in a university in India and my studies will be finished this year in June and I would like to apply for the January intake. I researched on this but I was not able to find much info on this topic. Can some here tell me if fashion marketing is in demand in Canada? I would like to stay and work in Canada after completing my studies and I am having doubts whether or not i'll be able to secure a job after studying fashion marketing or brand management from Canada. I have another question. Which of these colleges might help me find employment in Canada? My program is available in the following colleges- George brown, Seneca, Centennial and Humber. If it helps, I am fluent in French.

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Fashion business is pretty limitted in Canada. No college can guarantee jobs either. For brand management jobs I would recommend a commerce degree or MBA. French is definitely an asset especially for federal government jobs.

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Unfortunatley, I don't have the experience required to study MBA in luxury brand management and MBA is also insanely expensive. I have always wanted to work in the field of fashion. Can you suggest me something related to this field?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add here that even if you decided to opt just for a post grad diploma course then you would need to show a convincing case how a degree in French Literature relates to a course in Canada for either fashion marketing or brand management.

One of the requirements for a study permit which hopefully in your research based on your other posts you already know is that any chosen course should be relevant both to existing qualifications and prospects on return to your home country. Not saying is impossible but needs to be a very convincing case to demonstrate genuine intentions.

yuvrajbhatia1396

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Just to add here that even if you decided to opt just for a post grad diploma course then you would need to show a convincing case how a degree in French Literature relates to a course in Canada for either fashion marketing or brand management.

One of the requirements for a study permit which hopefully in your research based on your other posts you already know is that any chosen course should be relevant both to existing qualifications and prospects on return to your home country. Not saying is impossible but needs to be a very convincing case to demonstrate genuine intentions.
Thanks for the info. ^^ I am aware of what you just wrote but I still want to know that in case, if any college accepts me, will I have a hard time securing a job in my desired field?