+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job prospects after graduation - Bachelor of Commerce

carl2341

Feb 20, 2014
I am seriously considering going to Canada and pursuing a degree in business.
My plan is to settle in Canada and eventually become a citizen. What would my chances of finding a job after graduation be?

BTW, I am only going to apply to universities in the Maritimes because the cost of living is much less. I know these universities are not as prestigious as those in Ontario and BC, and I'm afraid that will affect the chances of me finding a job.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
carl2341 said:
I am seriously considering going to Canada and pursuing a degree in business.
My plan is to settle in Canada and eventually become a citizen. What would my chances of finding a job after graduation be?

BTW, I am only going to apply to universities in the Maritimes because the cost of living is much less. I know these universities are not as prestigious as those in Ontario and BC, and I'm afraid that will affect the chances of me finding a job.
If there are jobs that would be available for commerce, it would be around greater Toronto area. It's where the entire finance industry is based.

carl2341

Feb 20, 2014
aamro1992 said:
If there are jobs that would be available for commerce, it would be around greater Toronto area. It's where the entire finance industry is based.
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I do plan to move to Ontario after graduation though.

carl2341

Feb 20, 2014
Regina said:
Look for the first job ANYWHERE! When you get good job (to apply for SP ;) ) THEN you can think about any "choices". :)
My biggest worry is that I will not be able to find ANY job lol Hopefully that won't happen.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is a real recent story.
I met a girl who is working in the company with which a company where I work does some business.
She was an international student. Got her post-bacc in International business and got a 3yr PGWP. Started looking for job and not much of them went her way. Finally she applied for a job in financial department that did not fit the requirements to PR, it was a job in NOC C, and it was part time. But the company was big enough. So after 3 month there was re-organization and her part-time job became full time, and couple of month later there happen to be another opening for a full time job in NOC 0-A-B, she applied, got the job and applied for PR through PNP.

If there were not any openings for some time she would be working her part time job and looking for full time somewhere else. When you have a real CANADIAN job experience it is much easier to find a good proper for PR job than if you are loosing time (on PGWP) trying to find a "the proper" job in one particular place and at once.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Yes It has to be same way as Regina said. Once student complete his/her education or about to complete just start looking for some job if not in NOC 0,A may be in NOC B or whatever best you get then hang on and keep working, look for opportunities and hopefully you will get it sooner or later. Rest it's luck and God is great. Good Luck!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, it is not that you should look to job in NOC C (sorry, I made a mistake in my previous post. The girl's first job was in NOC C, not B). You should look for a job in NOC 0-A-B EVERYWHERE BUT IF as time goes by and you cannot get it within two-three month (if you have money to support yourself three months ;)) , then take any "survival" job and keep looking for a proper one.