7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
hello friends,
I am from India and I have completed MBA and have work experience of 3 years after MBA and I want to work in canada and I can take any job oriented course , can you people please suggest me which state , university and course have higher chances of getting job in canada.
I went to a consultant locally and he told me to crack GMAT and took admission in MBA Information technology and he said that if I take this course after clearing I will get job after completion of studies.

Please help friends as there are lots of bad people waiting to misguide and rip money so I am asking you for help.

Many thanks

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Try to apply in the major cities, such as toronto, vancouver, Montreal, Calgary. Apply in business firms. If you want to come to Canada to study then you can find universities...

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jessica1 said:
hello friends,
I am from India and I have completed MBA and have work experience of 3 years after MBA and I want to work in canada and I can take any job oriented course , can you people please suggest me which state , university and course have higher chances of getting job in canada.
I went to a consultant locally and he told me to crack GMAT and took admission in MBA Information technology and he said that if I take this course after clearing I will get job after completion of studies.

Please help friends as there are lots of bad people waiting to misguide and rip money so I am asking you for help.

Many thanks
Share your complete profile, 10 12 grad mba years marks mode of study. If you are planning for another masters, i don't think you would need to crack gmat or anything of that sort. You can also opt for PG diploma. As far as job oriented course is concerned, any and all programs are job oriented otherwise why would anyone pursue a program which has no future prospects at all. Anyway here in Canada, situation is bit different. Like in India, you have degrees then you surely have a job as there are plenty of MNCs around in Metropolitan cities and in fact now opening in some other big cities as well.

Choose a program which matches your previous studies and work experience. Look at your options from all dimensions. Masters is damn expensive here, that's why majority of students go for PG diploma/certificate programs. No one can gurantee you a job here, it's your networking skills, your terms with your class fellows, teachers etc. That's what really helps in finding the right option here.

Do not go by what consultant suggests you. When he/she says or claims something, ask him/her to show the source. When he/she is claiming that after completing this program you will get a job, what's his source, does he has any tie ups with any company here at all?

Anyway lets wait for others to comment and you please share your complete profile.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
10th marks 63% , 12th 60% maths , physics,chemistry subjects. graduation 71% in bachelor of science in Electronic Media, MBA marketing+finance 65% in year 2010 and then 2 year work experience everything is full time study from India.

ok, if all courses are job oriented then which course should I take that leads me to job or in demand or is in trend so that finding job after completing for that course wont be as difficult as compare to other courses. For example, there may be more jobs for IT persons as compare to MBA courses like ?

Thanks a lot

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could u talk about ur wrk exp as well... It jobs aren't tht hard to find.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
I have 1 year experience in field marketing experience after MBA and I have experience of computer hardware,networking,language of 1 year after graduation.

thanks

Sep 24, 2013
HI All,

My profile is similar to Jessica's. My Profile is as Under
10th : 79%
12th: 71 %
Bsc: 73%
PGDM in Insurance management : 7.0 CGPA
Work Exp : 2 yrs 4 months till date
Company: Infosys Ltd.
Profile: Business Analyst in Insurance domain

I aim to apply for study visa in Sept 2014 intake.Till thn my experience shall be more than 3years. I have identified 2-3 post garduate certificate program in Business analysis and Technology innovation.

Now my biggest fear is that is my experience and education too much to apply for Postgrad certi?? Will I be granted Visa?? I can definatly show a link between my education and work ex and the course i will be choosing..but still... :eek: :eek:

Please guide me!!!!

Thanks a Ton!!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jessica1 said:
I have 1 year experience in field marketing experience after MBA and I have experience of computer hardware,networking,language of 1 year after graduation.

thanks
Thank you for the complete profile. Now, as I said earlier, finding a job is based on your previous records and networking, comm skills etc. If you have interest in marketing, then there are some PG diploma's in marketing, in fact there are some programs specific to particular industry such as Marketing-fashion industry, accounting - marketing management etc. In places like Toronto and Vancouver, there are plenty of jobs but again "networking" helps.

If you are interested in IT programs, there are plenty of programs and Toronto is not a bad choice for IT related jobs. You can opt for 1 year PG diploma in IT solutions.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoCanadago-Urvi said:
HI All,

My profile is similar to Jessica's. My Profile is as Under
10th : 79%
12th: 71 %
Bsc: 73%
PGDM in Insurance management : 7.0 CGPA
Work Exp : 2 yrs 4 months till date
Company: Infosys Ltd.
Profile: Business Analyst in Insurance domain

I aim to apply for study visa in Sept 2014 intake.Till thn my experience shall be more than 3years. I have identified 2-3 post garduate certificate program in Business analysis and Technology innovation.

Now my biggest fear is that is my experience and education too much to apply for Postgrad certi?? Will I be granted Visa?? I can definatly show a link between my education and work ex and the course i will be choosing..but still... :eek: :eek:

Please guide me!!!!

Thanks a Ton!!
your grades are good to go. I am assuming you have completed BSC (computer science). Your job as Business Analyst, is it more into IT or it's more into management such as using Cognos for decision making or portfolio management?.

Your current job, are you catering to Indian market or any particular international market? Reason being you are into insurance sector now and your last education is also in insurance. Insurance laws, policies and procedures are way different in different countries. Hence, opting for an insurance program in Canada, I don't think you will be able to justify the co-relation and intention of returning to your home country upon completion of the program. Now if you are catering a client based in Canada (Infosys mostly has contracts taking care of other companies business), then it does make more sense.

So as far as opting for PG diploma after BSC and PG Diploma in India is not going to be of that much challenge. Not many people go for Masters here or Phd. So they know it and if somebody says visa success rate is low coz you are opting for a PG diploma, i won't agree.

Best of luck.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
Hello Sabby ,

Please answer my following doubts :-

- if I opt for IT course/diploma etc then what will happen in Visa interview , the visa officer will ask that why you are doing IT course after MBA ? how I will relate
- which university is good for IT diploma courses ?
- I went to a consultant and he said that now a days ALberta and saskatchewan states in Canada are easy for getting jobs as they are looking for.

Thanks again.