+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job or Study? VERY URGENT! Please help!!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hello,

I graduated with one year program from BC and now have the option of having one year PGWP. I already have a job in Saskatoon and I will be able to apply for the nomination next year but the problem is that I will be left with just 3 months to get the nomination. The other option is that I have the acceptance letter from SIAST for the welding program, I will be able to earn more in this option and will be able to get a PG work permit for 3 years, so it's safer too. It's just that I am confused if I should go for welding as I will have to move from Saskatoon to Regina and not sure if it's worth it and also I feel as if I am just not trusting my manager when she has actually been very supportive and has promised to help me with anything I need.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks.

sinp stud

Feb 26, 2012
i would strongly reccomend to take the safer option. I applied for PGWP after one year of study in SIAST. The immigration denied my request since i only studied one year and also applied for the offcampus work permit beforehand which made them doubt my intention in coming to canada. they assumed i came for work and not study which contradicts the issuance of my study permit. Also, in studying for additional year.. you can get longer validity of post graduation work permit this could mean you have enough time to process your resident status.

best of luck!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
sinp stud said:
i would strongly reccomend to take the safer option. I applied for PGWP after one year of study in SIAST. The immigration denied my request since i only studied one year and also applied for the offcampus work permit beforehand which made them doubt my intention in coming to canada. they assumed i came for work and not study which contradicts the issuance of my study permit. Also, in studying for additional year.. you can get longer validity of post graduation work permit this could mean you have enough time to process your resident status.

best of luck!
Thanks a lot buddy. That is exactly what I did, i chose to pursue my studies and now starting the welding certificate at SIAST this september.