+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
When I started working at my current job in 2020, the employer offered me the position I have. Before that, I applied for another position with her but she refused it. But when one of her employees is resigning for my position, she called me instead. I completed the number of hours to apply for the CEC. Can it be a job offer? If yes, what documents do I need? I am a PGWP holder. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When I started working at my current job in 2020, the employer offered me the position I have. Before that, I applied for another position with her but she refused it. But when one of her employees is resigning for my position, she called me instead. I completed the number of hours to apply for the CEC. Can it be a job offer? If yes, what documents do I need? I am a PGWP holder. Thank you.
You need an approved LMIA to claim the 50 job offer points. Since you are on a PGWP, you can only claim the job offer points if your employer gets an approved LMIA.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
How to get an approved LMIA? She needs to have an account and job posting for the position at Job bank?
Tell your employer to file for LMIA and get it approved from IRCC. Most employers know the process of advertising the job offer and other stuff. Hope this helps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Danny123@

Apr 2, 2022
Please I need help; I feel suspicious about this. What do you guys think.

....I got in touch with an immigration firm in Canada for work permit. They got me the Job Offer alright. And I have my LMIA approved as well. To add to that; I saw the job being advertised on Job bank and other sites during the LMIA process.

But my concern is that; I wasn't interviewed for this job. The job title is MACHINIST. Has anyone encountered something similar ?

Hope to hear from you guys please.

Thanks in advance

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Please I need help; I feel suspicious about this. What do you guys think.

....I got in touch with an immigration firm in Canada for work permit. They got me the Job Offer alright. And I have my LMIA approved as well. To add to that; I saw the job being advertised on Job bank and other sites during the LMIA process.

But my concern is that; I wasn't interviewed for this job. The job title is MACHINIST. Has anyone encountered something similar ?

Hope to hear from you guys please.

Thanks in advance
Try to research about the address of the bussiness offering you the job

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
Try to research about the address of the bussiness offering you the job
Yes I have, the last time I called the company and sent them my lmia and Offer letter.

Apparently I did that to confirm the authenticity of the document received.

But the company I think spoke to my Case Manager, I mean the consultant handling my documentation that I contacted them.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Yes I have, the last time I called the company and sent them my lmia and Offer letter.

But the company I think spoke to my Case Manager, I mean the consultant handling my documentation that I contacted them.
You could try verifying the LMIA to know if the LMIA is even valid using the number provided. Have you looked at the company's website? Are there any grammatical errors in your job offer and in your LMIA?
As a rule, if you suspect it is too good to be true, it's usually the case - Possibly a Scam.

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
You could try verifying the LMIA to know if the LMIA is even valid using the number provided. Have you looked at the company's website? Are there any grammatical errors in your job offer and in your LMIA?
As a rule, if you suspect it is too good to be true, it's usually the case - Possibly a Scam.
Thanks very much bro,

Apparently I've done all the checks. The good thing is everything looks authentic LMIA and offer letter.

I have checked the company site and I follow them on Instagram and YouTube as well. I've checked the location of the company and its the same.

One concern also is that; during the job advertised on Job bank they used a Gmail. And I offen see companies using Gmail sometimes.

Have u noticed that too ?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks very much bro,

Apparently I've done all the checks. The good thing is everything looks authentic LMIA and offer letter.

I have checked the company site and I follow them on Instagram and YouTube as well. I've checked the location of the company and its the same.

One concern also is that; during the job advertised on Job bank they used a Gmail. And I offen see companies using Gmail sometimes.

Have u noticed that too ?
I haven't started my job search yet but the companies that I did look up or saw their contacts had their org domain. Did you see in their website if they had any contacts email that used Gmail?

Also, not a bro

Reactions: slashmaybe

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
I haven't started my job search yet but the companies that I did look up or saw their contacts had their org domain. Did you see in their website if they had any contacts email that used Gmail?

Also, not a bro
Well on their website it's the org domain for the email.

On my first offer letter, the email was the org domain email on the letter.

But while they were advertising the job on Job bank for the LMIA, they used a Gmail for that.

I received my first job offer in September last year. And since my lmia was approved in April and they used a Gmail for that;

My revised job offer is using the email I saw on Job bank.

I have noticed on job bank that some companies use Gmail for their advertisement

Hahaha , ok Sis....sorry for referring as bro

See this job for instance; the company is using a Gmail

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobpostingtfw/36736439?source=searchresults

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

I don't think there is any website or way to check LMIA, is it?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I don't think there is any website or way to check LMIA, is it?
Service Canada could verify LMIA. I don't know how that's done though

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
Service Canada could verify LMIA. I don't know how that's done though
Yes it's possible to verify with them.

The last time I check it will take long for them to get back to u.

In my case, I apparently saw on Job bank that, this employer has applied for LMIA.