+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer withdrawn a few weeks before my PR visa is issued

rsadr1357

Nov 25, 2014
Dear Seniors,

I have an urgent question to ask you regarding my application. I'm PNP Nominee and applied for PR in 2013. I had a Job Offer in Halifax, Nova Scotia and I received my PPR-2 email yesterday and I submitted my passport to London Visa Office this morning for issuing the visa and certificate of permanent residence. In a strange twist of fate, this evening, I received an email from my employer in Halifax, informing me that due to the changes in their business, the position offered to me is no longer available in their company and they have to retract their job offer. They have also notified the Nova Scotia Immigration Department regarding this and apparently, I have 30 days to find a new job, or my nomination will be cancelled. :(

At the moment, I'm in London, and in the final stages of my application for permanent residence. I expect to receive my visa in the next few weeks, before my nomination gets cancelled. Now, assuming that I couldn't land a job by that time, what would happen if the visa and the certificate of the permanent residence is issued for me? Is there anyway they could cancel my visa? If I couldn't find a job in Nova Scotia and have to move to another province, then what would happen? Please advise. :(

Thank you very much

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Don't worry they cant cancel your nomination right away.
They will ask you what happen with your job offer if your
Employer did inform already.
They will give you limited time to get a new job offer.
Until you don't get any email or message from province just relax.
And find a another job offer. You are almost done.

rsadr1357

Nov 25, 2014
min2_always said:
Don't worry they cant cancel your nomination right away.
They will ask you what happen with your job offer if your
Employer did inform already.
They will give you limited time to get a new job offer.
Until you don't get any email or message from province just relax.
And find a another job offer. You are almost done.
Thank you very much. That was my guess as well. They have already informed the provincial government, and they have been in touch with me, unofficially. The question is, assuming that I don't get to find a job in the next 30 days and the nomination is cancelled, but I receive my PR visa, would that impact my PR status? I thought once I get the PR, the matter is out of the provincial government hand. Isn't it?

rsadr1357

Nov 25, 2014
min2_always said:
You already received pr visa or waiting for it.
If got your pr visa your not free till you finish your landing.
I am still waiting for my visa. I submitted my passport to the London Visa Office this morning. I expect to get it back within four weeks maximum. At any rate, I don't think the Nomination will be withdrawn before my visa is issued, and I could do a quick trip to Canada to land. Do you think that would be possible? If I land in Canada, would I receive my PR card at the airport or do I have to apply and wait for it?