+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer with no LMIA - just past work experience will suffice?

luchi_freire

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

I got an Invitation to apply for Express Entry under Canadian Experience. I have been working for the same employer on the last 7 years under seasonal contract basis, and now my employer (who does not have an LMIA) is willing to offer me a permanent full-time position in case I get accepted. When I built my profile I said I had a job offer, but no LMIA, so I din't get any points on "arranged employment" section. However in my check list I am required to provide both "letter of employment" and "job offer letter". As some have advised in previous discussions, I had changed my profile saying "no" I don't have a valid job offer. And both letters requirements disappears.
In my case, just proving my hours of experience on the past 10 years working part-time in canada will suffice? Should I include my employer letter as a supporting document to make my application stronger, or am I just messing up?

Please help, this is so confusing!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I got an Invitation to apply for Express Entry under Canadian Experience. I have been working for the same employer on the last 7 years under seasonal contract basis, and now my employer (who does not have an LMIA) is willing to offer me a permanent full-time position in case I get accepted. When I built my profile I said I had a job offer, but no LMIA, so I din't get any points on "arranged employment" section. However in my check list I am required to provide both "letter of employment" and "job offer letter". As some have advised in previous discussions, I had changed my profile saying "no" I don't have a valid job offer. And both letters requirements disappears.
In my case, just proving my hours of experience on the past 10 years working part-time in canada will suffice? Should I include my employer letter as a supporting document to make my application stronger, or am I just messing up?

Please help, this is so confusing!
You only need a reference letter following IRCC's guidelines, anything else you can provide (pay stubs, T4, NOA) is an added plus.

luchi_freire

Feb 9, 2018
You only need a reference letter following IRCC's guidelines, anything else you can provide (pay stubs, T4, NOA) is an added plus.
Thanks for you answer!
So you suggest to say "no" when asked about valid job offer, keep the offer and job letter out of my checklist, and not even mention that my employee is offering a full-time job? Or would that be bart of their reference letter?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for you answer!
So you suggest to say "no" when asked about valid job offer, keep the offer and job letter out of my checklist, and not even mention that my employee is offering a full-time job? Or would that be bart of their reference letter?
I do not know the specifics of your job offer so I cannot comment on it.

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for you answer!
I think we made the same mistake by answering yes to that question prior to ITA, while we shouldn't have...I changed my answer to "No" like you did and the 2 placeholders for the 2 letters disappeared too.

What I did afterwards was: explain the mistake I made in the "letter of explanation" and upload my current employer's reference letter, paystubs and t4s in "employment records". Just like any other previous employers I had. I would suggest in your case to add you job offer letter too. My reference letter was the same format as the other ones, except that I asked my boss to add something like "we love her and we want to keep her forever".

I sent my application a few days ago, so I can't tell you if it worked...

Last edited:
Reactions: jes_ON