+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Offer Post PR

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hello all,
I have a question, If I get a job offer post PR from my current company which has office in Canada but not registered under LIMA. Do I need to stick with them for at least a year?

I want to use to that letter to save on duty on my Car, if I plan to take it with me. Employers are OK with it.

And hoping to leave the company as soon as I get another opportunity. Hopefully in like 6 months. Employers are OK with this too.

Thanks,
Chikoo

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Once you're a PR you're free to ditch them.
Oh ok. I have just edited the post.

Basically employer's Canada office doesn't fall under LIMA.
Employers are ok if I leave them in few month provided I give them a month of notice. Just wanted to make sure that if they are not under LIMA, still I can use it to on duty and no need for POF right?

Also, do I need to have anything specific on the offer letter, like I need to stick with them for at least a year to show it during PR landing(even though I quit it in few months)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok. I have just edited the post.

Basically employer's Canada office doesn't fall under LIMA.
Employers are ok if I leave them in few month provided I give them a month of notice. Just wanted to make sure that if they are not under LIMA, still I can use it to on duty and no need for POF right?

Also, do I need to have anything specific on the offer letter, like I need to stick with them for at least a year to show it during PR landing(even though I quit it in few months)
I have a feeling you do not have a valid job offer (employer specific work permit, worked with them for a year in Canada, currently working in Canada).

You have to be prepared to show POF when landing.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I have a feeling you do not have a valid job offer (employer specific work permit, worked with them for a year in Canada, currently working in Canada).

You have to be prepared to show POF when landing.
Let me make it more specific. Also, I am OK with showing POF if that's necessary. My main purpose is to save on Duty for Car export from US to Canada to be specific.

Below is my situation:

Currently I have got my COPR and yet to make a Landing for PR.

I am employed in the U.S. and the same employer has Office in Canada but not under LIMA. Also, Owner is same but Corporation name is different and it has nothing to do with US company so it can not be shown as Intra Company Transfer. But employer is ready to offer me a Job to help me out for initial days and if it helps in any other way. He is OK if I quit the job for other opportunities provided that I give him a month of a notice to find replacement.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Let me make it more specific. Also, I am OK with showing POF if that's necessary. My main purpose is to save on Duty for Car export from US to Canada to be specific.

Below is my situation:

Currently I have got my COPR and yet to make a Landing for PR.

I am employed in the U.S. and the same employer has Office in Canada but not under LIMA. Also, Owner is same but Corporation name is different and it has nothing to do with US company so it can not be shown as Intra Company Transfer. But employer is ready to offer me a Job to help me out for initial days and if it helps in any other way. He is OK if I quit the job for other opportunities provided that I give him a month of a notice to find replacement.
My understanding is if you declare at customs during landing, you don't have to pay duties later for car import.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Of course not it is more like me wishing people were clear in their original post, keep up the good work :)

Apologies! I think you are right. I did not explained it clearly and later It all got confusing.

I appreciate your effort to help me.