+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer points not reflecting for LMIA-EXempt job with employer specific work permit on express entry profile

LilyJoy

Feb 3, 2020
I got a job in the province and was nominated, so I got an LMIA-EXEMPT Closed work permit. In my express entry I filled in I have a valid job offer, but I did not get points for it. I guess it's not a Valid Job offer. What confuses me is that this what they have on their site.

You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:

• a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1009&top=29
On my work permit, I am LMIA-EXEMPT due to T13(Federal-Provincial Agreement)
Why am i not getting the 50 points?
Since I am not getting 50 points it should i change my answer from "Yes" to "No" in my PR application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got a job in the province and was nominated, so I got an LMIA-EXEMPT Closed work permit. In my express entry I filled in I have a valid job offer, but I did not get points for it. I guess it's not a Valid Job offer. What confuses me is that this what they have on their site.

You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:

• a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1009&top=29
On my work permit, I am LMIA-EXEMPT due to T13(Federal-Provincial Agreement)
Why am i not getting the 50 points?
Since I am not getting 50 points it should i change my answer from "Yes" to "No" in my PR application.
This job doesn't qualify as a job offer since you got the LMIA exempt close work permit through a PNP nomination. You were correctly not awarded the points.

LilyJoy

Feb 3, 2020
This job doesn't qualify as a job offer since you got the LMIA exempt close work permit through a PNP nomination. You were correctly not awarded the points.
Thank you, so should I change my response to the question "Do you have a valid job offer" on the EE profile from Yes to No?