+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer point for LMIA based closed work permit

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi,

This is for my friend who has got ITA and he got positive LMIA and has a closed work permit based on LMIA. He is going to join his new job in Canada in April. He is worried now as the job offer doesn't explicitly state that he will be employed 1 year after the issuance of PR. He claimed 50 points for arranged employment. His offer letter mentions as follows:

"You have a full-time job with us once you receive a positive response on your work permit/permanent residence application and upon your arrival in Canada. The terms and conditions of your offer remain unchanged and are as below"

and it goes on to describe his roles and responsibilities /pay structure etc.,

so is it ok to get 50 points or does he need to ask his employer to change the letter format.

(P.S. He is having personal emergency so i am posting this on behalf of him to get any inputs from your guys).

approvalplease

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hi,

This is for my friend who has got ITA and he got positive LMIA and has a closed work permit based on LMIA. He is going to join his new job in Canada in April. He is worried now as the job offer doesn't explicitly state that he will be employed 1 year after the issuance of PR. He claimed 50 points for arranged employment. His offer letter mentions as follows:

"You have a full-time job with us once you receive a positive response on your work permit/permanent residence application and upon your arrival in Canada. The terms and conditions of your offer remain unchanged and are as below"

and it goes on to describe his roles and responsibilities /pay structure etc.,

so is it ok to get 50 points or does he need to ask his employer to change the letter format.

(P.S. He is having personal emergency so i am posting this on behalf of him to get any inputs from your guys).
What ended up happening here.