+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer on work permit is not increasing CRS score.

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening all!

I am working on a closed work permit since August 2019 which is LMIA exempt under intra company transfer. My work permit has the LMIA Exempt number. I submited the profile in express entry, however the final CRS score doesnt have any point under the following-

CRS - Arranged Employment0

I thought I could get 50 points at least for this. Please let me know if anyone know the cause of this issue. Your help is very much appreciated. Even under the "Valid job offer" it says "Not applicable"

Thank you for spending the time to read through this!

Here are the answers to the questions I have selected -

Does <FirsName LastName> have a job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is:•full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada
No

Is <FirsName LastName> currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does <FirsName LastName> have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Is <FirsName LastName>'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
Yes

Has <FirsName LastName> been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening all!

I am working on a closed work permit since August 2019 which is LMIA exempt under intra company transfer. My work permit has the LMIA Exempt number. I submited the profile in express entry, however the final CRS score doesnt have any point under the following-

CRS - Arranged Employment0

I thought I could get 50 points at least for this. Please let me know if anyone know the cause of this issue. Your help is very much appreciated. Even under the "Valid job offer" it says "Not applicable"

Thank you for spending the time to read through this!

Yes

continuous and
for at least one year?
Yes

Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada
No

Yes

Does <FirsName LastName> have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Is <FirsName LastName>'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
Yes

Has <FirsName LastName> been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.
You need to work in Canada for a full year before you will qualify for the points (this is because your job offer is LMIA exempt). So it's too early for the points to be awarded at this time.

Reactions: Rohan34mca

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020
You need to work in Canada for a full year before you will qualify for the points (this is because your job offer is LMIA exempt). So it's too early for the points to be awarded at this time.
Thanks a lot for your response!

If this was clear, I may have not started the PR process at all. :-( This was not clear at all. It just says you should have valid job offer for one year. My job offer is valid for two years as the work permit is for two years.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=29.2

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020

As a followup to this, my Employers gives a PR Job offer letter with the following wording - Based on this can I change some of my answers to get additional points? Please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!

"We are writing in support of Mr <FirstName LastName>'s application for permanent residence in Canada. This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, full time employment has been extended to Mr. <LastName> for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in Mr. <LastName>'s employment contract.

Mr. <Lastname> is currently in Canada on a work permit. Mr. <Lastname> commenced a full time employment in Canada with <Employer Name> as on August 26 2019 and currently in position of <deisignation> and continues to work in this capacity
."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As a followup to this, my Employers gives a PR Job offer letter with the following wording - Based on this can I change some of my answers to get additional points? Please let me know. Any help is much appreciated!

"We are writing in support of Mr <FirstName LastName>'s application for permanent residence in Canada. This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, full time employment has been extended to Mr. <LastName> for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in Mr. <LastName>'s employment contract.

Mr. <Lastname> is currently in Canada on a work permit. Mr. <Lastname> commenced a full time employment in Canada with <Employer Name> as on August 26 2019 and currently in position of <deisignation> and continues to work in this capacity
."
No.

You need an approved LMIA if you want the points now. That's the only way to claim the points before you have worked for a full year for your employer in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for your response!

If this was clear, I may have not started the PR process at all. :-( This was not clear at all. It just says you should have valid job offer for one year. My job offer is valid for two years as the work permit is for two years.

It is very clear; it seems you didn't actually click on the links provided on that page specifically for LMIA-exempt jobs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

."
No. You need the full one year of experience on the closed work permit to get the job offer points.

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020
It is very clear; it seems you didn't actually click on the links provided on that page specifically for LMIA-exempt jobs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

No. You need the full one year of experience on the closed work permit to get the job offer points.
Thank you for your quick responses! Much appreciated!

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020
Once you have your one year of experience in Aug, get a new letter from your employer and you will be good to go with the 50 points.
Sorry to bother in this thread again (& since you specified) After one year do I get some more points for work experience as well? Specifically below section -
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience0

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry to bother in this thread again (& since you specified) After one year do I get some more points for work experience as well? Specifically below section -
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience0
Yes, you can claim points for one year of Canadian work experience.

Curlymonster

Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
1st - I have been working for more than a year with RBC and was filling my application today. I'm not getting 50 points under Canadian Job offer.
2nd - I have more than 5years of work experience from India for which I should again be getting 50 points which is again not reflecting on my application.

Can some one please help me.......

Curlymonster

Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
1st - I have been working for more than a year with RBC and was filling my application today. I'm not getting 50 points under Canadian Job offer.
2nd - I have more than 5years of work experience from India for which I should again be getting 50 points which is again not reflecting on my application.

Can some one please help me.......

Yes

continuous and
for at least one year?
Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Yes

continuous and
for at least one year?
Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No
What permit are you on? You don’t get 50 points unless you have a job offer guaranteed one year past receiving your PR. And you need a LMIA.

Curlymonster

Nov 12, 2020
What permit are you on? You don’t get 50 points unless you have a job offer guaranteed one year past receiving your PR. And you need a LMIA.
I’m working on a open work permit. After completing my education in Canadá I received a 3yr work permit.
When I Calculate my CRS SCORES on CIC general website it shows I should be getting “15 points for Study in Canadá” but in my application they are also missing lol