+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer need to be in 38 job list?

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Hello everyone,

What if I was to get a job offer from a company in Canada and have 67 points. Does this job have to be in the new list of 38 jobs?

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Hello Leon,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to look for the jobs in the categories you mentioned. Do you know where I can find them? All I can find is the new NOC list.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to the NOC website where all the jobs are listed. All jobs where the 4 digit NOC code starts with 0 are skill type 0, management positions. If the first digit is not 0, but the 2nd digit of the 4 digit code equals 1, 2 or 3, you have skill level A or B.

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Hi Leon thanks for the help, although I dont quite understand your last post. I am a web designer/interactive designer and also a IT Technical Support Analyst. If I get a job letter in these types of jobs then would I be able to apply with Arranged Employment Offer?

Also my friend's dad in Canada has his own shop, that sell all kinds of things. It is run by him and his wife. He would like another worker that he can trust as he has been robbed by other people before. So he has offered me to work in his shop. My background is in IT, would I be able to apply for AEO with a shop keeper kind of job?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The NOC website is at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/index.aspx and you can either go look and see all possible job titles or you can do a search for keywords. When you get a 4 digit NOC code, you will see the skill level of the job from there, refer to my earlier post.

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Thanks for your reply Leon, from what you have advised me, the 2nd digit of the below NOCs code is 1. So does this mean they are skill level A or B? If I was to get a job letter for one of these jobs, then could I apply for permanent visa despite the job not being in the new job list of 38 jobs? If so, how long would it take to process? Thanks

217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals

2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2172 Database Analysts and Data Administrators
2173 Software Engineers and Designers
2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2175 Web Designers and Developers

OR

228 Technical Occupations in Computer and Information Systems

2281 Computer Network Technicians
2282 User Support Technicians
2283 Systems Testing Technicians

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, all of the jobs you listed are skill level A or B. If you get an official job offer, you can apply for FSW based on that and do not need to show that you have funds of thousands of dollars to immigrate. Nobody knows the processing time for the new FSW yet.