+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer letter on a closed WP

sraghuvan

May 5, 2020
I am on a closed WP (ICT) and in Canada for close to 18 months on LMIA exempt role. My company just filed an extension for my ICT and have an offer letter which says they are seeking an extension for 2 years with all the job details, NOC code and other things. The letter is dated April 2020 and I got an ITA in May. Can I use this letter to claim job offer points? It does not have the explicit line that job offer stands hold after PR is issued because its issued for WP bust says for next 24 months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am on a closed WP (ICT) and in Canada for close to 18 months on LMIA exempt role. My company just filed an extension for my ICT and have an offer letter which says they are seeking an extension for 2 years with all the job details, NOC code and other things. The letter is dated April 2020 and I got an ITA in May. Can I use this letter to claim job offer points? It does not have the explicit line that job offer stands hold after PR is issued because its issued for WP bust says for next 24 months.
Unfortunately no. The letter needs to specifically state that the job offer stands for a year after you become a PR.

sraghuvan

May 5, 2020
Thank you for response. But is that absolutely true in all the cases and the reason I asked is because if you are on an ICT not many companies will give this letter of future job after PR... I k ow a few like TCS and Indosys who does not give this kind of letter. How are people from those companies claiming those points?
In my case I have a letter which says they have a job for 24 months from now bit just not calling the PR term...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for response. But is that absolutely true in all the cases and the reason I asked is because if you are on an ICT not many companies will give this letter of future job after PR... I k ow a few like TCS and Indosys who does not give this kind of letter. How are people from those companies claiming those points?
In my case I have a letter which says they have a job for 24 months from now bit just not calling the PR term...
Do you like to gamble? Do you want to gamble with your PR application? Yes, in the past we have heard of some cases where such letters are accepted, but I haven't heard that recently. The point is, when you don't follow the instructions, you will be rolling the dice. You might get it, you might not.

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
Do you like to gamble? Do you want to gamble with your PR application? Yes, in the past we have heard of some cases where such letters are accepted, but I haven't heard that recently. The point is, when you don't follow the instructions, you will be rolling the dice. You might get it, you might not.
With below wordings in offer letter , can i claim 50 points for Valid Job offer ?
I am on LMIA approved job working for almost a year now.

"
We are pleased to offer you the position of Manager at xxxxx in our Financial Services Business Unit in the Toronto office on the terms of this offer letter and attached Employment Agreement. You will report to xxxxx. We believe that you will find working with us to be both professionally challenging and fulfilling. We anticipate having you start on 06/17/2019, however we will be try to be flexible regarding a different start-date if you are unable to start on 06/17/2019, provided that any such flexibility is in the sole and absolute discretion of xxx .

Your semi-monthly salary will be CDN $xxxxxx.xx (annualized equals CDN $xxxxxxxx), less applicable taxes and withholdings. XXXx company payroll is paid on the 15th and the last day of the calendar month. You will be eligible for
15 Days days of vacation in accordance with vacation policy, pro-rated for your first year based on your start date.

Your continued employment with xxxxx is at all times conditional upon your being legally entitled to work in Canada (including possession of a valid employment authorization, or permanent residency status, where applicable) and continued satisfactory performance. If you currently hold an International Experience Canada (IEC) working holiday visa; Open Work Permit or Post Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), you are personally responsible to renew your immigration and work authorization, and, to provide to xxxx with timely proof of filing and renewed status.
"