+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer letter and letter of employment post-ITA

Kunalmahendru

Jan 21, 2020
Experts, request your opinion on the matter.

Situation1 : The job offer letter I have is dated December 2019 which says "I am pleased to offer you the permanent and full-time position of a (designation) with (Company name). This offer is conditional upon obtaining a valid work permit pursuant to the relevant Canadian Immigration Regulations/Requirements, and your successful entry to Canada.
LMIA was approved in Jan 2020 making me eligible to file PR application with additional points of "valid job offer".

Question: To support my PR application , do I need a revised offer letter from employer "mentioning that "This letter of appointment is conditional upon obtaining a valid work permit or PR pursuant to the Canadian Immigration Regulations and your successful entry to Canada? Is it fine to produce revised copy of job offer in PR application different from one submitted to ESDC for LMIA approval?

Situation 2:The next document required post-ITA with a valid job offer is "Letter of employment". The LMIA says employment duration as 1 year.

Question 2: Should "Letter of employment" be limited to 1 year of employment duration or it can start like "permanent and full-time employment"
For example:
This letter confirms your permanent and full-time employment with __________________, in the position of ________. This position is based out of Toronto, Ontario and commencement date is July 01, 2020 (5months from now, few days before LMIA expires)
This letter of appointment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check including criminal record check, prior employment verification, education verification and satisfactory employment references pursuant to the Canadian Immigration Regulations and your successful entry to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: harshitagulati03

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Experts, request your opinion on the matter.

Situation1 : The job offer letter I have is dated December 2019 which says "I am pleased to offer you the permanent and full-time position of a (designation) with (Company name). This offer is conditional upon obtaining a valid work permit pursuant to the relevant Canadian Immigration Regulations/Requirements, and your successful entry to Canada.
LMIA was approved in Jan 2020 making me eligible to file PR application with additional points of "valid job offer".

Question: To support my PR application , do I need a revised offer letter from employer "mentioning that "This letter of appointment is conditional upon obtaining a valid work permit or PR pursuant to the Canadian Immigration Regulations and your successful entry to Canada? Is it fine to produce revised copy of job offer in PR application different from one submitted to ESDC for LMIA approval?

Situation 2:The next document required post-ITA with a valid job offer is "Letter of employment". The LMIA says employment duration as 1 year.

Question 2: Should "Letter of employment" be limited to 1 year of employment duration or it can start like "permanent and full-time employment"
For example:
This letter confirms your permanent and full-time employment with __________________, in the position of ________. This position is based out of Toronto, Ontario and commencement date is July 01, 2020 (5months from now, few days before LMIA expires)
This letter of appointment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check including criminal record check, prior employment verification, education verification and satisfactory employment references pursuant to the Canadian Immigration Regulations and your successful entry to Canada.
Hi,
I'm having the same issue. I have been working with my company for two years for $19/hr and LMIA got approved last month at $24/hr because that's the rate my lawyer submitted while putting application. What date should I mention on offer letter and employment letter?