+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer is different NOC code from my existing Express Entry NOC

margaux1984

Jan 24, 2020
Hi to all,

I have job offer on NOC 6311, but my current NOC in my Express Entry profile is NOC 2281. I will apply for a work permit under this NOC 6311, my express entry profile might have a conflict on this case? Can I withdraw instead my express entry profile, I do have 299 CRS only.

Reactions: cybertruck

Ainpeespirant

Mar 27, 2019
Same for me. NOC in EE is completely different to the NOC in the LMIA. No conflict. Work permit is issued on the LMIA, points increased in my EE profile, ITS received feb 5.
Hi!

I have the same query. I have approved LMIA and received the ITA in the last draw. But my current NOC code is not similar to the job being offered (Different NOC code). I am outland candidate. Would this create any problem in the work permit application I have submitted and later in the PR application about to submit? If you were approved the work permit, were you asked for explanation why and how you landed the job which is entirely different from current experience? Your insight would really be helpful.

Jul 30, 2020
Same for me. NOC in EE is completely different to the NOC in the LMIA. No conflict. Work permit is issued on the LMIA, points increased in my EE profile, ITS received feb 5.
So does this mean that you got the work permit first and u reapplied for pr the next year after one year of Canadian experience or that u actually got your pr right away even when your lmia and job experience had different noc in the express entry ? I’m thinking on the same lines so your feedback will be of great help.

Reactions: mmn
Jul 30, 2020
Hi to all,

I have job offer on NOC 6311, but my current NOC in my Express Entry profile is NOC 2281. I will apply for a work permit under this NOC 6311, my express entry profile might have a conflict on this case? Can I withdraw instead my express entry profile, I do have 299 CRS only.
What happened next with your application I’m eager to know. Did u get your ita or a work permit..?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
So does this mean that you got the work permit first and u reapplied for pr the next year after one year of Canadian experience or that u actually got your pr right away even when your lmia and job experience had different noc in the express entry ? I’m thinking on the same lines so your feedback will be of great help.

I haven't reapplied for anything. I got my work permit in January and I sent in my PR application last night.

Reactions: cybertruck
Jul 30, 2020
So u r in Canada right now..?? And u mean that u got ur work permit even when ur job experience here and ur job offer had different profiles?

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
hello, first of all thanks for reading my question.

Please if you can clarify if am working in IT NOC but have a valid LMIA approved job offer + PNP from BC in admin related job (different NOC and no experience) will this work out in EXPEESS ENTRY ?

thanks,

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Hi to all,

hi friend, am in exactly same situation, can you please guide me ? did you got PR ?