+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer if i am already working in Canada?

jw4jung2021

Apr 13, 2021
In the EE profile, it asks whether i have a job offer or not.
I am already working in Canada and obviously I had a job offer when I started this job..
So do i put yes ..??

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for the reply! I understand the other two but what is one year Post PR??
To answer yes, it should be an offer for a qualifying job (based on NOC) for at least one year after you become a PR and which should come supported by a LMIA.

How could you be confusing this with the offer you got for your current job?

The answer is no unless you do meet the above mentioned criteria

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the reply! I understand the other two but what is one year Post PR??
What permit are you on? Your employment letter must state that you will have a job one year post PR. So once you get PR, say December 2021, then you will have a guaranteed job until December 2022. The employer has to commit for the long term.

jw4jung2021

Apr 13, 2021
To answer yes, it should be an offer for a qualifying job (based on NOC) for at least one year after you become a PR and which should come supported by a LMIA.

How could you be confusing this with the offer you got for your current job?

The answer is no unless you do meet the above mentioned criteria
I didnt think about any of this when I got the offer 2 years ago.. haha I didnt have any of those conditions with my offer so i guess this should be NO for my application! thanks!

jw4jung2021

Apr 13, 2021
What permit are you on? Your employment letter must state that you will have a job one year post PR. So once you get PR, say December 2021, then you will have a guaranteed job until December 2022. The employer has to commit for the long term.
I am on PGWP. The employment letter does not state the end date of my position!