+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB OFFER FROM "FIELD OF STUDY" SINP STUDENTS

Smurfic

Aug 9, 2016
Hey Guys! I am planning to apply for the SINP as a international student. One of the requirements is to have a job offer from SK employer that is related to your field of study and requires post-secondary education.

My question is how wide is the "field of study"? I phoned them - they said if you are machinist your job offer can't be as a cook (which is clear !). I was wondering if any manufacturing/ industrial job would be good for SINP than? I am wondering how flexible SINP is when it comes to "FIELD OF STUDY" ? If anyone has an experience dealing with this kind of thing please help....

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can look for the noc, for the course you finished and they have "example title" and job responsibilities mentioned there. you can refer that.

Link: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=7231

BTW are you applying under student sub-category ?

Smurfic said:
Hey Guys! I am planning to apply for the SINP as a international student. One of the requirements is to have a job offer from SK employer that is related to your field of study and requires post-secondary education.

My question is how wide is the "field of study"? I phoned them - they said if you are machinist your job offer can't be as a cook (which is clear !). I was wondering if any manufacturing/ industrial job would be good for SINP than? I am wondering how flexible SINP is when it comes to "FIELD OF STUDY" ? If anyone has an experience dealing with this kind of thing please help....

Smurfic

Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for the info! Yep I am going to apply under student sub-category but struggling with finding a job "that is related to your field of study". So, as I understand "field of study" has to be fairly close...With my NOC 7231....I was planning to apply as a production worker (NOC 94 - Processing and manufacturing machine operators and related production workers) this proably would not work ha? :-[

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try employment offer sub-category. You can apply under this category if you have offer letter from sask employer. There is no such requirement for your job to be related to your field of study.

Link: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-with-employment-offer

Smurfic said:
Thanks for the info! Yep I am going to apply under student sub-category but struggling with finding a job "that is related to your field of study". So, as I understand "field of study" has to be fairly close...With my NOC 7231....I was planning to apply as a production worker (NOC 94 - Processing and manufacturing machine operators and related production workers) this proably would not work ha? :-[

Smurfic

Aug 9, 2016
Thanks!
Unfortunately this program requires at least 1 year of experience in your intended occupation which I do not have. Just finished SIAST 1 year program. I would certainly applied through Express entry, but again they require 1 year of experience...

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohh i thought you have 3 years of pgwp. You mean through SINP Express entry??
Smurfic said:
Thanks!
Unfortunately this program requires at least 1 year of experience in your intended occupation which I do not have. Just finished SIAST 1 year program. I would certainly applied through Express entry, but again they require 1 year of experience...

Smurfic

Aug 9, 2016
Yep. All of the progams I was looking for require 1 year of experience.
The only way for me is SINP student category. Still have some time time, I might try to get a nomination through production worker position.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually you are not eligible to apply under SINP express entry as your noc is not under OID list. The best option for you is student sub category.
Smurfic said:
Yep. All of the progams I was looking for require 1 year of experience.
The only way for me is SINP student category. Still have some time time, I might try to get a nomination through production worker position.

imranjaved728

Jul 2, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-09-2013
Med's Done....
4-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
27-12-2013
Hi,

I have completed my masters from University of Regina and now working at FCC. They offered me permanent job offer but latter changed that to 3 year term position because they only give permanent offers to PR holders or canadian citiziens.
I want to know what is suitable way for me to apply PR.
What I read on internet is for SINP i need permanent Job offer. Is 3 year contract good enough ? Can I ask my company to give me SINP ?
Let me know what is best option for me here.

Thanks.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, you should ask your employer for sinp letter. Most of the employer usually help with sinp. I was reading through a case on this forum and one guy mentioned that his application got rejected because he was working for a company under 2 years contract. and sinp doesn't consider it as full time employment.
imranjaved728 said:
Hi,

I have completed my masters from University of Regina and now working at FCC. They offered me permanent job offer but latter changed that to 3 year term position because they only give permanent offers to PR holders or canadian citiziens.
I want to know what is suitable way for me to apply PR.
What I read on internet is for SINP i need permanent Job offer. Is 3 year contract good enough ? Can I ask my company to give me SINP ?
Let me know what is best option for me here.

Thanks.

Vivii

Dec 16, 2020

Even I need to know if you get job offer as a cook but your field of study is management , Can we still apply for SINP