+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer from current employer in canada

Apekshamadan702

Oct 30, 2020
Hi. I am currently working on India and my employer has office in Canada as well. I made my express entry profile last month with CSR of 370. Scored CLB 8 in ielts however due to writing score being 6.5 and age 36, landed on this score. PNP is only option for me with this score. however, I wondered if I can request my current employer to issue me a Canada job offer then it can help me with some additional 50 points.

I need your help to understand the process for obtaining LMIA approval for my employer. What are the steps they need to do to obtain this approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your employer can look at an intercompany transfer if you meet the conditions of senior management/executive or no Canadian employee can do the job etc. You aren’t eligible for 50 points until:

• Has been working full-time for the employer specified on their work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
• Has a valid job offer from the employer specified on their work permit for a year past PR

Apekshamadan702

Oct 30, 2020
Your employer can look at an intercompany transfer if you meet the conditions of senior management/executive or no Canadian employee can do the job etc. You aren’t eligible for 50 points until:

• Has been working full-time for the employer specified on their work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
• Has a valid job offer from the employer specified on their work permit for a year past PR
So for intra company transfer, my employer won't need LMIA? Also, I work as a Product Manager so will that be considered eligible for intra company transfer or work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So for intra company transfer, my employer won't need LMIA? Also, I work as a Product Manager so will that be considered eligible for intra company transfer or work permit?
The website has all the information about ICT. Whether Product Manager is considered depends on your NOC.