+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer fraud from career@cep-expertsconstruction.ca

Pooja_15

Dec 28, 2019
Hi Team,

I have been receiving following emails from "career@cep-expertsconstruction.ca" past few weeks regarding a job offer.
The very first email had a document named "Preliminary interview" where I was asked few joining related questions.
I sent them that document (which was on the company's letterhead) and along with that sent my educational documents and my passport page copy too via email.
Today I received the below email which has a "Canadian Labor and employment Law agreement".
i tried to look for the two HR persons sending the emails. I could not find them on linkedin.
I just feel it is a scam as there are no talks about face to face or Skype interview.
Request you to please let me know if this is genuine one from the company or not. Also if it isn't please suggest where and whom can i report this too so that no other person falls prey to such fraudsters.
Please suggest.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Generally you should assume any job offers for construction, hotels, oil/gas industry and even farms are all scams and there will be no job. The scammers set up fake websites and phone numbers promising unrealistic compensation such as free accommodation, flights and even food

They rely on the fact that people are desparate to find a way to immigrate so once they have someone almost convinced they introduce a need for a fee which once paid they will likely break off contact.

In mean time not only do they have the cash they also have copies of education documents and passport pages which they can use in id fraud or fake document creation.

On occasion people have posted on here where they question a job offer from a supermarket in Canada as though they would believe a checkout/cashier job in a supermarket would require a recruit from outside of the country but people still are tempted to believe.

Generally it is almost impossible to get a genuine job offer from outside of Canada unless an individual has some unique skill not readily available or the job comes through a specific government sponsored immigration program.

By all means check this link for reporting but often the scammers are not in Canada so the Canadian authorities can not do much

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/internet-email-telephone.html

Last edited:

Obeaudry

Mar 6, 2020
Hi,

I am Financial Director at CEP Forensic. I confirm this is a fraud and this email doesn't come from our organisation.
If you wan't to apply for a job at CEP Forensic, thank to do so on our official web site : https://cep-experts.ca/

Regards

samraj121990

Dec 13, 2019
Hi Sir,

I have received following emails from "career@cep-expertsconstruction.ca" regarding a job offer.
Very first email which I received had a document named "Preliminary interview" where I was asked formal joining related questions.
I did not send them any my document until I got verified about this company.

I have been getting such fraudulent job offer from multiple platforms for past few years. Last year in 2019 I got looted more than INR 2lac through these fake offers. I tried to register complaint in our local police department but they didn't do anything from their end, just answered me to register complaint in Cyber Crime but no any Police person heard my concerns and no helps I found from our own Indian law.

I do not expect any help from you but this is my humble request here to please look after all these type of scams who fearlessly doing this scam targeting poors and innocent peoples and doing a big money frauds with them. This is mostly happening in your country Canada.

Please atleast you listen us and help in making it stop permanently.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Sir,

I have received following emails from "career@cep-expertsconstruction.ca" regarding a job offer.
Very first email which I received had a document named "Preliminary interview" where I was asked formal joining related questions.
I did not send them any my document until I got verified about this company.

I have been getting such fraudulent job offer from multiple platforms for past few years. Last year in 2019 I got looted more than INR 2lac through these fake offers. I tried to register complaint in our local police department but they didn't do anything from their end, just answered me to register complaint in Cyber Crime but no any Police person heard my concerns and no helps I found from our own Indian law.

I do not expect any help from you but this is my humble request here to please look after all these type of scams who fearlessly doing this scam targeting poors and innocent peoples and doing a big money frauds with them. This is mostly happening in your country Canada.

Please atleast you listen us and help in making it stop permanently.

Thanks.
This isn't a government web site. We are all normal people like you. There is nothing any of us can look into.

samraj121990

Dec 13, 2019
This isn't a government web site. We are all normal people like you. There is nothing any of us can look into.
Yeah I completely agree with your word but why it happens in Canada only. It means there's people are mostly believe in stealing money by making foreigners fool. It should stop you are the local person just raise your vocal, get some work into this and find out these bloody Canadians. It's not about rich people It's about to poors. One word says a lot hope you understand my sense.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah I completely agree with your word but why it happens in Canada only. It means there's people are mostly believe in stealing money by making foreigners fool. It should stop you are the local person just raise your vocal, get some work into this and find out these bloody Canadians. It's not about rich people It's about to poors. One word says a lot hope you understand my sense.
I understand what you are saying. However the vast majority of these scammers aren't actually in Canada and aren't Canadian. They just make it look like they are in Canada to try to trick people like you. The best thing you can do is assume that any job offer that you receive through an agent is a scam and never give anyone money in exchange for a job offer. The same applies for job offers from the UK, U.S., etc. There are many job scams out there for many countries. If you wish to move to Canada, you should focus on applying to immigrate through an immigration program like Express Entry. You should assume it will not be possible to get a job offer. Good luck.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Here is a link to the official site warning about scams.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/internet-email-telephone.html

Generally any job offer for construction, oil/gas, hotels and even farming will be a scam and nobody should pay any money or share any documents.

Also if any job offers any one of accommodation, flights and food will also be a scam.

As per scylla there will always be people ready to take money off of people no matter which country and these people have no conscience at all whether a poor or rich person. As with telephone scams these days it is relatively simple for a scammer to appear to be in a country that they are physically not in so unless someone who worked these scams reports them almost impossible for authorities to do anything.

samraj121990

Dec 13, 2019
Here is a link to the official site warning about scams.

Generally any job offer for construction, oil/gas, hotels and even farming will be a scam and nobody should pay any money or share any documents.

Also if any job offers any one of accommodation, flights and food will also be a scam.

As per scylla there will always be people ready to take money off of people no matter which country and these people have no conscience at all whether a poor or rich person. As with telephone scams these days it is relatively simple for a scammer to appear to be in a country that they are physically not in so unless someone who worked these scams reports them almost impossible for authorities to do anything.

samraj121990

Dec 13, 2019
Again Canadian Fake Job Offers,

Yesterday I again received following emails from "careermountainviewcanada@gmail.com" regarding a job offer.
Very first email which I received from this guy "Mich Man" available at Linkdin page where I was asked to provide my resume through Linkdin message. As Linkdin is a professional platform I sent him my resume without verifying about his Linkdin Profile.

Now after dropping my resume personally to his provided email (mentioned above), he reverted me back following offers:

"Attn:

In reference to your resume we indicate that your details are quite impressive and we appreciate your eligibility and interest to work with us.
Fill the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT form attached to this mail, you are to print it out,fill by hand and submit back to us via email for immediately checking and response.

Apply only if you have a passport and are ready to relocate to Canada.

Late submission point as UN-seriousness of candidate.

Thanks

MOUNTAIN VIEW PHARMACEUTICALS (CANADA OFFICE)

Attachments area"

However, Without further verification above this company I went through Google to verify it but I didn't find anything like spam when i checked the company page carefully. Posting this spam here so that no other person falls prey to such fraudsters.

The guy has created his profile page at Linkdin and name is "Mich Man", He is capturing innocent people through Linkdin and putting them into his personal message for offering job.

Name: Mich Man
Email: topmegabuild@gmail.com
Linkdin link: linkedin.com/in/mich-man-35341b138

Everyone Requested not to get involved through his fraudulent job offers. Please before making any activity must go through Google and verify deeply details which they have put in your message or emails.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Again Canadian Fake Job Offers,

Yesterday I again received following emails from "careermountainviewcanada@gmail.com" regarding a job offer.
Very first email which I received from this guy "Mich Man" available at Linkdin page where I was asked to provide my resume through Linkdin message. As Linkdin is a professional platform I sent him my resume without verifying about his Linkdin Profile.

Now after dropping my resume personally to his provided email (mentioned above), he reverted me back following offers:

"Attn:

In reference to your resume we indicate that your details are quite impressive and we appreciate your eligibility and interest to work with us.
Fill the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT form attached to this mail, you are to print it out,fill by hand and submit back to us via email for immediately checking and response.

Apply only if you have a passport and are ready to relocate to Canada.

Late submission point as UN-seriousness of candidate.

Thanks

MOUNTAIN VIEW PHARMACEUTICALS (CANADA OFFICE)

Attachments area"

However, Without further verification above this company I went through Google to verify it but I didn't find anything like spam when i checked the company page carefully. Posting this spam here so that no other person falls prey to such fraudsters.

The guy has created his profile page at Linkdin and name is "Mich Man", He is capturing innocent people through Linkdin and putting them into his personal message for offering job.

Name: Mich Man
Email: topmegabuild@gmail.com
Linkdin link: linkedin.com/in/mich-man-35341b138

Everyone Requested not to get involved through his fraudulent job offers. Please before making any activity must go through Google and verify deeply details which they have put in your message or emails.
Unfortunately these scam offers will continue as long as there people out there desparate at any cost to emigrate to any country outside of their own.

Usually the offers are never really that well thought out with many clues they are fake such as cloned websites with original content left in, a website created in last few days/months,unrealistic compensation, free accommodation/flights/food all designed to suck their target into parting with their cash. Unfortunately human nature is such that all common sense seems to leave people and they do not spend just a few minutes using Google to check things out.

Only today on this forum there was a hotel job offer supposedly based in downtown Toronto but if you check the website the hotel pool is surrounded by palm trees, right in Toronto !! Or a previous fake hotel offer in Calgary with sea views from your room , must need pretty good eyesight even Superman could not see 1000km away !

It would take minutes to discover these were fake so enough said.

guguta

Sep 12, 2020
But did you apply for this job, or you just got the email, and you were curious to see what would follow? If you just got an email, it's most likely that's a scam because serious companies don't recruit staff like that. Usually, such messages go into the scam folder right away, but well, maybe not all the time. Moreover, you shouldn't have sent them a copy of your passport, because nowadays such scams are very often encountered, and they can do a lot of damage. Don't put your hopes into this and look for a job in serious places.

jitin75

Sep 19, 2020
Dear Job Seekers,
We received your CV/RESUMES via email through www.placementindia.com regarding your Job application. Gollip Companies is a private owned companies. Our in-house expertise spans across the interdisciplinary demands of operating an active independent oil and gas company,real estate, pharmacies,resorts,energy and courier services: exploring, developing, acquiring and producing hydrocarbons. We are focused on building a world-class oil and gas company, which creates world-class opportunities.
You are eligible to apply for a job in Gollip Companies, at CANADA BRANCH.

Here are the procedures to further your job application with us.
1. Fill Gollip Companies Application Form attached below with blue or black pen and scan it back in PDF format.
2. Your application won't be acceptable, without submitting a scan copy of your international passport, ((6) Six Months Minimum Validity).
3. You are to submit scan copy of your Academic certificates.

Attention: Gollip Companies will only account for your A and B.
A.
FLIGHT TICKET.
B. HOSPITALITY: e.g: Food, Clothes, Shelters for selected applicant’s with family of (4) four (only for non-immigrant applicants). Due to the covid-19 pandemic.

Show original message
You are to pay for your visa charges, $350 USD = 26,600 INR, your visa application shall be non-appearance due to covid-19 pandemic and rules abide to social distancing.

All Selected candidates work under the direct supervision of the Managing Partner and CEO of Gollip Companies. Selected candidates will received (Appointment Letter) Via: humanresources@gollipcompanies.com

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE REPLY RESPECTIVELY.

For available jobs please click here: https://gollipcompanies.com/careers/

Best Regards,
Hr Management
Mr. John Philip
Gollip Companies
Tel: +1 (567)- 248- 2419

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dear Job Seekers,
We received your CV/RESUMES via email through www.placementindia.com regarding your Job application. Gollip Companies is a private owned companies. Our in-house expertise spans across the interdisciplinary demands of operating an active independent oil and gas company,real estate, pharmacies,resorts,energy and courier services: exploring, developing, acquiring and producing hydrocarbons. We are focused on building a world-class oil and gas company, which creates world-class opportunities.
You are eligible to apply for a job in Gollip Companies, at CANADA BRANCH.

Here are the procedures to further your job application with us.
1. Fill Gollip Companies Application Form attached below with blue or black pen and scan it back in PDF format.
2. Your application won't be acceptable, without submitting a scan copy of your international passport, ((6) Six Months Minimum Validity).
3. You are to submit scan copy of your Academic certificates.

Attention: Gollip Companies will only account for your A and B.
A.
FLIGHT TICKET.
B. HOSPITALITY: e.g: Food, Clothes, Shelters for selected applicant’s with family of (4) four (only for non-immigrant applicants). Due to the covid-19 pandemic.

Show original message
You are to pay for your visa charges, $350 USD = 26,600 INR, your visa application shall be non-appearance due to covid-19 pandemic and rules abide to social distancing.

All Selected candidates work under the direct supervision of the Managing Partner and CEO of Gollip Companies. Selected candidates will received (Appointment Letter) Via: humanresources@gollipcompanies.com

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE REPLY RESPECTIVELY.

For available jobs please click here: https://gollipcompanies.com/careers/

Best Regards,
Hr Management
Mr. John Philip
Gollip Companies
Tel: +1 (567)- 248- 2419
Did you look at the website , domain only created 3/2020 ,which is US specific no mention of Canada at all and a fee in USD not Canadian.

The website refers to a hotel Gollip Resort or Gollip Grand which does not seem to exist and if you click on book now it directs to booking.com for Ohio USA certainly not Canada

As with all suspicious offers employers do not pay for flights food or accommodation and certainly not clothes.

Do not share copies any documents or pay any money

Last edited: