+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for

mrajat

Aug 20, 2018
Hi,

I currently work in U.S. (middle management, banking sector) and wish to relocate to Canada. I'm sitting at 432 points in express entry and going to lose 5 more points next month as my b'day gift. I'm contemplating on getting extra points through a job offer and have a few questions regarding the process:

- How difficult would it be to find an employer to extend me a job offer considering I'm in US, not Canada? (I do have a good professional network).
- If I do find a job, would the employer expect me to move and start working on temporary visa prior to getting permanent residency since the latter can take over 6 months?
- Am I obligated to start working with the employer that extends me the job offer? Otherwise, can the employer rescind their offer and would that invalidate my express entry application?
- What all do I need from the employer? An offer letter and LMIA?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
You say you have a good network - then the answer is in your hands as to how difficult it will be to find a job.

How difficult is it to find employment in Canada - as difficult as you can make it. Ofcourse, not being in Canada will be a challenge, but being in the US, depending on where you are, you could be in the same time zone so can organize interviews etc.

Does your US employer have offices in Canada - you can always transfer.

Whether the Canadian employers wants you to start ASAP or wait is an understanding between you and your employer. Typically, the PR application can take up to 6 months but perhaps an average of 3 months give or take, so if your Canadian employer is willing to wait that long, it can work out. No rocket science here.

You will need an offer letter and LMIA - here is the link

mrajat

Aug 20, 2018
You say you have a good network - then the answer is in your hands as to how difficult it will be to find a job.

How difficult is it to find employment in Canada - as difficult as you can make it. Ofcourse, not being in Canada will be a challenge, but being in the US, depending on where you are, you could be in the same time zone so can organize interviews etc.

Does your US employer have offices in Canada - you can always transfer.

Whether the Canadian employers wants you to start ASAP or wait is an understanding between you and your employer. Typically, the PR application can take up to 6 months but perhaps an average of 3 months give or take, so if your Canadian employer is willing to wait that long, it can work out. No rocket science here.

You will need an offer letter and LMIA - here is the link
Thank you Maple. And do you know if the job offer only has to be valid when it is made out? Or does it have to be open (not rescinded) until the time IRCC processes the application?

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
Ideally, your offer letter should indicate a start date that is within the reasonable timeframe of your application e.g. if you submit your application (after receiving ITA) today, then your offer letter should, ideally, state your start date that is beyond the application submission date.

Refer to this link and question " What makes a job offer valid under Express Entry?"

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
a job is valid.. when its accompanied y LMIA. or if its intra company transfer then you need to have all supporting docs.

Please refer link above.