+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for PGWP outside Canada

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Is it true that PGWP applicants who are currently outside Canada are needed to have a job offer first and only then they can fly to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Depends. You need a job offer or prove that you normally live in Canada. So you need to show rental payments of your Canadian home, utility bills, credit card statements etc.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Right. But I do not normally live in Canada. I pursued my post-graduate certificate there and upon completion I returned to my home country due to COVID-19. I lived there only for 10 months.

According to the link below temporary workers can not land in Canada and search for a job. Which means, one needs to have a job before landing. What I don't understand is if PGWP applicants fall in the category of a temporary workers or students. As the visa category for PGWP is that of a student.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/answers/foreign-temp-worker

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
I haven't. I applied for it on December 12 and till now I have only received submission confirmation letter. What about you? When did you apply?
I have not applied for it yet but I am planning to apply from outside Canada that I need to go back for emergency.