+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer fake or real ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much,

I would like to work in canada. Is there is any possibilities to get direct opportunities from company?
No getting a job offer is next to impossible since the employer needs a LMIA to prove no Canadian or PR can do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process takes a long time. If you want to immigrate to Canada then you look at Express Entry - FSW to see if you are eligible.

Sathath

Mar 18, 2021
No getting a job offer is next to impossible since the employer needs a LMIA to prove no Canadian or PR can do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process takes a long time. If you want to immigrate to Canada then you look at Express Entry - FSW to see if you are eligible.
Thank you so much for your valuable reply.

Apr 30, 2021
Hi, hope everyone is well.

I had a question regarding fake job letters. I am writing this on behalf of a friend in India, who is being offered a job at Sunrise Soya Foods in Vancouver, BC. The job is for food packing, and the application is through a consultant, who is demanding 38,000 Indian Rupees as a processing fee; the consultant is saying that if the application is processed, then a portion of that fee will be returned. My friend had applied through the consultant, and in a couple of days, "permission" letters were apparently generated - there was no interview process, nothing, just a permission letter being generated by the company.

The letter offers free food, accommodation, flight tickets, and the job is for 3 months. The job is also offering a PR after 10 months. The "company" is also saying that if the person wants a higher salary, then the upfront fees will be higher.

Could anybody guide me on whether this is genuine? I am concerned for this friend, who has paid the application costs and the extra fees, and has now been told to wait for the LMO. The procedure apparently will take place in 45 days, and they have even given a "guaranteed" date for the visa.

If anybody could please provide some advice on this, I would be very grateful. Has anybody else paid and been scammed, or had a similar experience to this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I had a question regarding fake job letters. I am writing this on behalf of a friend in India, who is being offered a job at Sunrise Soya Foods in Vancouver, BC. The job is for food packing, and the application is through a consultant, who is demanding 38,000 Indian Rupees as a processing fee; the consultant is saying that if the application is processed, then a portion of that fee will be returned. My friend had applied through the consultant, and in a couple of days, "permission" letters were apparently generated - there was no interview process, nothing, just a permission letter being generated by the company.

The letter offers free food, accommodation, flight tickets, and the job is for 3 months. The job is also offering a PR after 10 months. The "company" is also saying that if the person wants a higher salary, then the upfront fees will be higher.

Could anybody guide me on whether this is genuine? I am concerned for this friend, who has paid the application costs and the extra fees, and has now been told to wait for the LMO. The procedure apparently will take place in 45 days, and they have even given a "guaranteed" date for the visa.

If anybody could please provide some advice on this, I would be very grateful. Has anybody else paid and been scammed, or had a similar experience to this?
It's fake. This is a well known scam.

Apr 30, 2021
It's fake. This is a well known scam.
Hi - thanks for the reply!
Yes, I was assuming this - the consultants have been trying to persuade my friend (who has unfortunately fallen into the trap). Do you possibly know what happens regarding the payments he has made?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - thanks for the reply!
Yes, I was assuming this - the consultants have been trying to persuade my friend (who has unfortunately fallen into the trap). Do you possibly know what happens regarding the payments he has made?
It's a scam. The money is gone. It won't be refunded.

Your friend's only option is to pursue getting a refund through the court systems of your home country.

Apr 30, 2021
It's a scam. The money is gone. It won't be refunded.

Your friend's only option is to pursue getting a refund through the court systems of your home country.
Ah right I see, the consultants had made a supposed "contract" saying they would refund the money if the application is rejected, but it is very loosely worded. The fact that they made a contract made the scam seem very legit, so I was really surprised by that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ah right I see, the consultants had made a supposed "contract" saying they would refund the money if the application is rejected, but it is very loosely worded. The fact that they made a contract made the scam seem very legit, so I was really surprised by that.
Contracts are very common with scammers. They are trying to appear legitimate to steal money. Same goes for the refund policy. Easy to lie and say you'll refund money if you're a scammer. Your friend will find that there's no job and that they won't respond to requests for a refund. Pretty much guaranteed he won't get his money back.

Sathath

Mar 18, 2021
Dear ALSATHAT.K ,

Dear Candidate

Greetings from Console Services Group

Your resume has been shortlisted for job in Canada as Senior Manager. Kindly submit your updated resume for the same within 2-3 days as we cannot hold your profile for long time.

Salary: 24Lac - 52Lac INR/annum as per your caliber/negotiation with the employer.

Job Requirement:
Graduation or Diploma along with one-year of experience.
Full Time Job and No Bond with Employer

Other Benefits
Work for 40 Hours in a Week
Competitive Rates of Pay
Career Growth and Development Opportunities
Complimentary Meal at Work, Accommodation, Vacation Air Tickets and Discounted Air Tickets
Medical Hospitalization Insurance, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and Dental Insurance are included.
Annually 21 Days Earned Leaves, 12 Days Sick Leaves, 8 Days Govt. Holidays Entitlement (As Per Company Policy)
Transportation Allowance to Home and From Work
Retirement Savings Plan, Pension Plan, Attractive Annual Bonus Plan and Long-Term Incentive Plans
Personal Time-Off, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Free Education for Children
Sponsor Your Relatives and Migrate with Your Family

Responsibilities
Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department.
Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Access.
General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
Excellent organizational management skills.

Thanks & Regards,
Console Services Group
Email: info@consoleservices.ca
2025, Willingdon Ave#1110
Burnaby, BC V5C 0J3, Canada

Dears,

kindly advise about this offer. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear ALSATHAT.K ,

Dear Candidate

Greetings from Console Services Group

Your resume has been shortlisted for job in Canada as Senior Manager. Kindly submit your updated resume for the same within 2-3 days as we cannot hold your profile for long time.

Salary: 24Lac - 52Lac INR/annum as per your caliber/negotiation with the employer.

Job Requirement:
Graduation or Diploma along with one-year of experience.
Full Time Job and No Bond with Employer

Other Benefits
Work for 40 Hours in a Week
Competitive Rates of Pay
Career Growth and Development Opportunities
Complimentary Meal at Work, Accommodation, Vacation Air Tickets and Discounted Air Tickets
Medical Hospitalization Insurance, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and Dental Insurance are included.
Annually 21 Days Earned Leaves, 12 Days Sick Leaves, 8 Days Govt. Holidays Entitlement (As Per Company Policy)
Transportation Allowance to Home and From Work
Retirement Savings Plan, Pension Plan, Attractive Annual Bonus Plan and Long-Term Incentive Plans
Personal Time-Off, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Free Education for Children
Sponsor Your Relatives and Migrate with Your Family

Responsibilities
Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department.
Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Access.
General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
Excellent organizational management skills.

Thanks & Regards,
Console Services Group
Email: info@consoleservices.ca
2025, Willingdon Ave#1110
Burnaby, BC V5C 0J3, Canada

Dears,

kindly advise about this offer. Thank you
Very fake.. No company gives “Complimentary Meal at Work, Accommodation, Vacation Air Tickets and Discounted Air Tickets.”

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Sunrise is a real company but I think your friend got scammed by the consultant using the name of that company.

They post their hiring on their website and I doubt they will hire someone all the way from Indian right now. You can email them about the scam and see if they will reply... It's bad that someone is using their info for scam.

https://www.sunrise-soya.com/careers/

Apr 30, 2021
Sunrise is a real company but I think your friend got scammed by the consultant using the name of that company.

They post their hiring on their website and I doubt they will hire someone all the way from Indian right now. You can email them about the scam and see if they will reply... It's bad that someone is using their info for scam.

https://www.sunrise-soya.com/careers/
Hi, hope you're well! Thanks for this - I believe the consultants had tried to pass this off as legitimate, as the company does exist. I will get in touch to let them know and get some more information; on the face of this, do you think this is a scam offer? I'm so worried as my friend has paid, and they've said to wait until the Summer months - I literally have no idea how to help my friend in this case!

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Hi, hope you're well! Thanks for this - I believe the consultants had tried to pass this off as legitimate, as the company does exist. I will get in touch to let them know and get some more information; on the face of this, do you think this is a scam offer? I'm so worried as my friend has paid, and they've said to wait until the Summer months - I literally have no idea how to help my friend in this case!
unfortunately there is probably very little that you can do. The money will be gone and it is highly unlikely that they will be able to get it back unless the Indian Police can get a strong enough case.

Reactions: YVR123