+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer expected sooon! Help needed on documentation!!!

injineers

Jul 9, 2015
Hello there

I work part time as web developer. I am an international student currently on study permit. I have requested my employer to extend a fulltime job offer to me so that I can quit my masters. They don't know about the process as my work permit(study permit) is 20 hours/week only and I can't work fulltime being a student.

1. Can I change my study permit to work permit if an offer is extended
2. If an offer is made(very likely) then what would my employer need to do to get me through the work permit process.
3. Will my employer have to apply for LMIA.

injineers

Jul 9, 2015
TheMaze said:
What is your nationality? What field is your undergrad in and where did you go to school for it?
Nationality: Pakistan
School: COMSATS IIT : WES Evaluation done
IELTS 7.5 with reading 6 speaking 8 listeneing 8 and writiing 7.5
NOC 2175
29 months international experience

@=TheMaze

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Have you looked into Express Entry? If so, what is your CRS score? I would be willing to bet you qualify on your own, at least if you can get your reading up to a 7. Also what province will you be residing in. This potentially lets your get the ball rolling more quickly, and potentially wouldn't need a LMIA, which many employers hate.

injineers

Jul 9, 2015
TheMaze said:
Have you looked into Express Entry? If so, what is your CRS score? I would be willing to bet you qualify on your own, at least if you can get your reading up to a 7. Also what province will you be residing in. This potentially lets your get the ball rolling more quickly, and potentially wouldn't need a LMIA, which many employers hate.
Thanks mate. Reading is 6 and I know I might have messed up somewhere there otherwise it could've been easily 7 or 7.5. Previous experience of IELTS>>

Secondly if a job is offered then the employer has to have a LMIA applied across that job or there are certain conditions which could eliminate this process. Is there any other way. At present my profile is not eligible and my score is below 400 which sucks. I know to get points in EE I have to have LMIA but if there is some other way because then it could be relatively easy to convince my bosses if I do a formal request!!!

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
What happens if you calculate your score at 7 instead of 6? And what province are you attempting to move to?

injineers

Jul 9, 2015
TheMaze said:
What happens if you calculate your score at 7 instead of 6? And what province are you attempting to move to?
7 does make a difference and I can get into FSW and/or get my Job Seeker Code and EE profile number for applying to province. I am planning on Sask where I have 1700 experience in multiple NOC's including web developer, sales consultant and engineering student as a coop student with SaskPower. I have done most of the homework for applying but currently need an extra point for EE eligibility. Retaking IELTS at this stage isn't something I'm interested in at present. You havn't answered my LMIA question. Is it something worth consideration??

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I think it's a much better choice for you to re-take the IELTS and get all 7 if that gives you enough points. But otherwise your employer would have to do an LMIA.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know if Saskpower does SINP job approval letter or not? Thanks
injineers said:
7 does make a difference and I can get into FSW and/or get my Job Seeker Code and EE profile number for applying to province. I am planning on Sask where I have 1700 experience in multiple NOC's including web developer, sales consultant and engineering student as a coop student with SaskPower. I have done most of the homework for applying but currently need an extra point for EE eligibility. Retaking IELTS at this stage isn't something I'm interested in at present. You havn't answered my LMIA question. Is it something worth consideration??

Adediscovery

Jun 30, 2016
Hello dear member, my name is Bryant from Nigeria, I am looking for job offer in Canada, I am certified in Film and television production, any help will be helpful,thanks