CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I have received a job offer and I am about to apply for my post graduate work permit. However, I am a little confused about if I need to mention this when I apply for the PGWP since the PGWP does not require a job offer to be eligible. I talked to an advisor and he mentioned that it is up to me if I want to disclose this or not. I definitely want to let CIC know but I am uncertain if it will in anyway impact my PGWP application. I also have completed a 2 year program in 16 months so I am hoping that I receive a 3 year PGWP so I wonder if having a job increases the chances for that as well. Anybody have any insights or experience in this matter? Thanks in advance

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
samroc said:
I have received a job offer and I am about to apply for my post graduate work permit. However, I am a little confused about if I need to mention this when I apply for the PGWP since the PGWP does not require a job offer to be eligible. I talked to an advisor and he mentioned that it is up to me if I want to disclose this or not. I definitely want to let CIC know but I am uncertain if it will in anyway impact my PGWP application. I also have completed a 2 year program in 16 months so I am hoping that I receive a 3 year PGWP so I wonder if having a job increases the chance for that as well. Anybody have any insights or experience in this matter? Thanks in advance
As far as I know, I should think either way is fine. You are eligible to apply for PGWP whether you have a job offer or not. If anyone else has other suggestions, I would also like to know.

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will not impact how long you'll get the pgwp. the one impact i know of, if you're applying for your spouse for a work permit with your pgwp. having a job offer will get her the work permit, without one he/she will just get a visitor record

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
thanks for the insights. I will be starting my job in the middle of September and I have mentioned this in my application. I know that I can start working once I have submitted my PGWP application but do you think that looks bad to a visa officer that I am starting a job before receiving my PGWP?

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
thanks for the insights. I will be starting my job in the middle of September and I have mentioned this in my application. I know that I can start working once I have submitted my PGWP application but do you think that looks bad to a visa officer that I am starting a job before receiving my PGWP?
Did you submit your job offer when you applied?
Did it help?