+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Loss Due to Covid - Employment Income

tony.harris

Jun 20, 2020
Hi all,
We’re freaking out, my partner just loss her job due to covid. Which now messes up her Employment Income in our application! We were going to ask her job for a letter of employment but now we can’t.

I make a lot more money than her (which I can prove), and she has some savings and parents can support both of us if we ever need too (part of our cohabitation includes a few months at her parents but we have also lived at her parents many times in the past to save money and it’s included in our form). She also has inherited a house from her aunt and will be getting a large sum as her and her siblings are selling it later this year.

What can we use as proof of income? That she can support my basic needs?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You just need to provide evidence of a plan. There's no magic number you have to meet. The elements of a plan are in what you wrote above.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
We’re freaking out, my partner just loss her job due to covid. Which now messes up her Employment Income in our application! We were going to ask her job for a letter of employment but now we can’t.

I make a lot more money than her (which I can prove), and she has some savings and parents can support both of us if we ever need too (part of our cohabitation includes a few months at her parents but we have also lived at her parents many times in the past to save money and it’s included in our form). She also has inherited a house from her aunt and will be getting a large sum as her and her siblings are selling it later this year.

What can we use as proof of income? That she can support my basic needs?

Thanks so much!
If you have savings you are also fine. You can also show your income.

tony.harris

Jun 20, 2020
You just need to provide evidence of a plan. There's no magic number you have to meet. The elements of a plan are in what you wrote above.
So in the plan, we’ll have a cover letter explaining what I wrote? But do we need to provide any of the supporting documents with the plan?

i.e. bank statements, a letter from her parents, etc.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So in the plan, we’ll have a cover letter explaining what I wrote? But do we need to provide any of the supporting documents with the plan?

i.e. bank statements, a letter from her parents, etc.

Thanks!
Would start with both of your savings documents. If you have very little savings you should include a letter from her parents agreeing to provide financially for you both and proof that they have the savings to do so. It sounds like you don’t have as much to worry about as you think. Spouses are rarely refused due to finances.