+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Letter : Is this format right? and a few other questions

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Friends,

Taking inspiration from this answer on a thread here, I quickly drafted a Google Doc for the same.

Can someone please check if the format is right? Google Doc is here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/170GgIuQGqOmuwOjdSgf1UTl4UvbWZPQcJWLV-qYqhwU/edit?usp=sharing

Also based on the topic of Job Letters, I have the following questions:
  1. One of the companies I worked for in the past, has gone out of business and doesn't exist anymore.
    Though I have offer letters, relieving letter and salary slip, I don't know if I can get a reference letter from them.
    How do I proceed with that?
  2. One of the companies which I worked for was my own startup which I had co-founded. It's largely defunct now, and I have moved on from it. The other co-founders are inactively working under the same banner. If I get a reference letter signed from them, will that work?
  3. Layout: On the reference letter, is a sign+seal both needed, or will only the sign do?
  4. Template: Is there a defined and CIC template already available?
  5. Acknowledgement by CIC: What happens if the CIC refuses to acknowledge any of the reference letters?
  6. Validity: How long is the letter valid? I heard that the current employers' letter is valid only for a year and the previous employers' letter is valid for lifetime. Is that correct?
  7. Tax Slip: Do I also need to submit my tax slips, salary slips or tax returns?
  8. Format: Do I need to possess the physical copy of these letters, or will an online/scanned version work?

Thanks so much in advance!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Friends,

Taking inspiration from this answer on a thread here, I quickly drafted a Google Doc for the same.

Can someone please check if the format is right? Google Doc is here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/170GgIuQGqOmuwOjdSgf1UTl4UvbWZPQcJWLV-qYqhwU/edit?usp=sharing

Also based on the topic of Job Letters, I have the following questions:
  1. One of the companies I worked for in the past, has gone out of business and doesn't exist anymore.
    Though I have offer letters, relieving letter and salary slip, I don't know if I can get a reference letter from them.
    How do I proceed with that?
  2. One of the companies which I worked for was my own startup which I had co-founded. It's largely defunct now, and I have moved on from it. The other co-founders are inactively working under the same banner. If I get a reference letter signed from them, will that work?
  3. Layout: On the reference letter, is a sign+seal both needed, or will only the sign do?
  4. Template: Is there a defined and CIC template already available?
  5. Acknowledgement by CIC: What happens if the CIC refuses to acknowledge any of the reference letters?
  6. Validity: How long is the letter valid? I heard that the current employers' letter is valid only for a year and the previous employers' letter is valid for lifetime. Is that correct?
  7. Tax Slip: Do I also need to submit my tax slips, salary slips or tax returns?
  8. Format: Do I need to possess the physical copy of these letters, or will an online/scanned version work?

Thanks so much in advance!
First of all, you should mention 10-12 roles and responsibilities in your reference letter.

Now answers
1. Mention this in LOE, do provide appointment letter, promotion letters, salary slips, income tax returns for that company.
2. Yes, it will work.
3. Sign + sealed is required. It legitimizes the document.
4. No, the reference letter should have your designation, Employee ID (if you had), Salary details with roles and responsibilities.
5. You will have to provide a newer one, so if you provide a good 10-12 pointer (detailed) roles and responsibilities with salary details and stamp + sign. That will be enough
6. The current employer's reference letter should be latest, that's it. Previous companies can be fine back dated.
7. Salary slips, Income tax returns.
8. For PR application, need pdf format.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks so much, Mr. Preet!

Some more questions on your answers below:

First of all, you should mention 10-12 roles and responsibilities in your reference letter.
1. Do you mean there should be more responsibilities listed there instead of just 8-9?
1. Mention this in LOE, do provide appointment letter, promotion letters, salary slips, income tax returns for that company.
2. Would you know of a format of the LOE that we prepare, please?

4. No, the reference letter should have your designation, Employee ID (if you had), Salary details with roles and responsibilities.
3. Is the layout I shared in the Google Doc okay for this?

6. The current employer's reference letter should be latest, that's it. Previous companies can be fine back dated.
4. I am requesting these letters now, so all will be of this year, I hope that's fine?

7. Salary slips, Income tax returns.
5. Throughout all these years? I am not sure if I have all of them. Is it absolutely required?

8. For PR application, need pdf format.
6. Will I need the physical copy anytime throughout the process?​

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks so much, Mr. Preet!

Some more questions on your answers below:

1. Do you mean there should be more responsibilities listed there instead of just 8-9?

2. Would you know of a format of the LOE that we prepare, please?

3. Is the layout I shared in the Google Doc okay for this?

4. I am requesting these letters now, so all will be of this year, I hope that's fine?

5. Throughout all these years? I am not sure if I have all of them. Is it absolutely required?

6. Will I need the physical copy anytime throughout the process?​
1. Yes, more is better
2. To whom so ever it may concern,
I would like to declare that .........
Regards
NAME

3. Yes that is fine.
4. No Problem
5. Recent 3 salary slips and at least 3 Income Tax Return documents.
6. I guess on the physical copy you will get a stamp. Isn't?
Salary slips are fine, but the reference letter should be stamped and signed.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks!

The companies are in different cities and they may choose not to take the overhead of sending the physical copies to me, so they may just print, do all the stuff and then scan+send it to me.

So asked, if physical copies are actually required.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks!

The companies are in different cities and they may choose not to take the overhead of sending the physical copies to me, so they may just print, do all the stuff and then scan+send it to me.

In that case, scanned copy will be fine.

The scan should be clear and readable. That's it. And you will have to upload them in pdf format.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks!

You may need the physical copy if you are asked to attend an interview. A scanned copy is fine for the time being but ask your HR or a friend to mail it to you, in case you need it in the future.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
You may need the physical copy if you are asked to attend an interview. A scanned copy is fine for the time being but ask your HR or a friend to mail it to you, in case you need it in the future.
Thanks!

Do you also think everything which I have understood from the thread are correct?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks!

Do you also think everything which I have understood from the thread are correct?
If you are not claiming points from those work experience without reference letters then you can move it to the personal history (post-ITA).

Reactions: aman.alam