+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job is not regulated, will VO still ask for certificate if listed in NOC?

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
My NOC is 1252, my job description matches exactly. It's not a regulated occupation in BC.
Except for employer requirements where NOC states that completion of a program in Health Information etc is needed.

I don't have that certification/program, my employer hired me because previously I was working in the same position as a casual, and I told them I was eager to learn the role so they hired me permanently full time (along with my other coworkers who also do not have the certification).

I'm reading about so many people getting rejected because of NOC not matching. But in my case it's my credentials that don't match for an unregulated position, will the VO care about this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the purposes of PR application, officers limit themselves to checking main duties of chosen NOC against your job responsibilities. Employment requirements are outside the purview of this check so you shouldn't have a problem if your responsibilities match duties of NOC 1252.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
For the purposes of PR application, officers limit themselves to checking main duties of chosen NOC against your job responsibilities. Employment requirements are outside the purview of this check so you shouldn't have a problem if your responsibilities match duties of NOC 1252.
You're awesome. Thank you!