Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
SISH7255 said:
What newtone & memikoglan is saying is cent percent correct, there is no dought about that. I have been here for @ 4 months, and experiencing every bit of the story. However, our purpose of migrating is not only the money, neither we are expecting much from Canada. I must agree that, before immigrating, I also had the same feeing what everyone has, that is " It will never happen to me, and I am something special" Here in Canada I met so many highly qualified professionals who are engaged in survival jobs for years and lost the hope of returning to their own field again and I think I am also standing in same the line (Having eng. degree from reputed university, MBA from USA, LEED AP, PMP etc., and worked in four diffent countries). Now I have realized that, immigrating is mostly not for us, but for our kids.

For those who are migrating from third world countries, and those who have nothing to lose, believe me Canada is heaven for them. For example, consider a well settled university professor working in a poor third world country and drawing a handsome salary say US$500-$1000 per month (it is way to much in their respective countries) where thousabds are dying daily due to warfare, no pure water to drink, no healthcare system, no or very less electricty, most of the population is dying due to starvation and desease, no hope for the future of their children, returning home after everyday work is like winning a race, there is no guaranty of life and security. When such pepole migrate to Canada can draw @ $2000 per month even by working as a security guard and gets @ $700-1000 an average per month as child benefit if he has 2-3 kids. Canada is really heaven for such people. If the next person in family is lucky to find a job, that money can be saved.

However, those who migrate from developing/ developed countries, they have much to loose and go mad/depressed when the things (mostly the job) never turned out their way. They must trade off between positive and negative aspects of migrating and be ready to do a lot of sacrifices if they need to do so. And remember, before boarding a plane to Canada, don't forget to leave your ego at your home country, and if you can't do it, don't immigrate. Nonetheless, if you are among those lucky people who land a job in their own field, you will never repent for comming to Canada.
You`re right................ for us coming from the third world countries are so excited to land anything.I`m in U.A.E and got a job which is not on my field at all. There is racist big time in here, discrimination and even landing a good job in a company, its like a dream.In my home country, i was paid $350 a month, and there is no bloody transportation allowance, no medical insurance, i mean zero cent on that one! ??? :eek: :'( And its not like i`m uneducated, I have a Hons Sc of Business Studies from the biggest university from Greenwich and two diploma in International Business Administration so in Dubai, i`m earning $1850 a month and if in Canada it will be more than what i`m earning right now, you betcha its heaven for me. :p There will be other responsibilities but i`ve grew up in a poor family and saving even a cent, is what i do best so not all of us will be blessed to have jobs. Up to now, i`m not working on my field, my current job position is a Clerk Assistance and i think of doing this in Canada as well but aiming for more. Always the grass is not greener on the other side but i`ll try until my last breathe to make it through and give my all to my hubby and for the family we will start in Canada once i arrive there this year.

Even in my own country there is racist card played so seriously, its not just Canada, is everywhere in the country and what i should just say is to be strong, save as much as you can, do research, prepare yourself mentally and physical before you embark on this Journey to Canada because i`ve heard lots of negative thoughts but my husband is doing well in there and i`ve to join him so whatever i`ll get to begin with, it will help out because its not going to be easy and i won't forget to pray on this, I might never know when our Merciful God will send his blessing to all of us in this new land we about to build our lives & start a family.

All the best to all of you and be strong.

God bless
r/
Asephil

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
I am earning 1850 a month by working in call centre that does not even require university education. So for me the advantage of staying in Canada is obvious. At home I was earning 300 dollars per month for an accounting job and that was not even enough to do a one day grocery shopping. In order to survive, I would need to follow others and learn how to fake accounts and deflate profits (taking the difference into the pocket). And will have to live in stress until getting imprisoned. So I chose to come here and I never regret, because I did not have much to lose. However, if I was well settled with a good salary, I would not take the risk because the % of immigrants that eventually lands a dream job seems to be lower than the % of unsatisfied immigrants.

The only disappointing obervation that I made is that companies generate artificial barriers for immigrants. For example, I have British education (graduated from Edinburgh, world's 25th best university) and I was rejected for a bank cashier post because I do not have the evaluation of foreign degrees by the Ministry of immigration. I do not undetstand why a graduate of top world university is not good enough to do basic customer service and clerical tasks in the eyes of Quebec banks. By the way, bank teller post does not require university diploma. However, I take it calm, because Canada does not owe me anything.

I was very lucky that I landed a call centre job following the advice of our friend emamabd to go to a job fair. So currently I am accummulating call centre experience to later apply to bank customer service and move from there. I was quite lucky that I landed at the time when most call centres were recruiting and needed labour. So they even took people with zero canadian experience and later eliminated poor performers by on job tests. And of course if not emamabd's advice, now I would be mopping airport floors during night shifts (if I am lucky).

So my advice to new comers looking for temporary posts is to try call centres because there are always plenty of jobs. People leave often because they find something better and vacate posts. Also, locals do not fancy call centres because of lower-than-average pay and on the job stress. This is good experience to start with, opportunity to improve language skills and unlike cleaning/catering jobs, can boost most CVs.

Asephil said:
You`re right................ for us coming from the third world countries are so excited to land anything.I`m in U.A.E and got a job which is not on my field at all. There is racist big time in here, discrimination and even landing a good job in a company, its like a dream.In my home country, i was paid $350 a month, and there is no bloody transportation allowance, no medical insurance, i mean zero cent on that one! ??? :eek: :'( And its not like i`m uneducated, I have a Hons Sc of Business Studies from the biggest university from Greenwich and two diploma in International Business Administration so in Dubai, i`m earning $1850 a month and if in Canada it will be more than what i`m earning right now, you betcha its heaven for me. :p There will be other responsibilities but i`ve grew up in a poor family and saving even a cent, is what i do best so not all of us will be blessed to have jobs. Up to now, i`m not working on my field, my current job position is a Clerk Assistance and i think of doing this in Canada as well but aiming for more. Always the grass is not greener on the other side but i`ll try until my last breathe to make it through and give my all to my hubby and for the family we will start in Canada once i arrive there this year.

Even in my own country there is racist card played so seriously, its not just Canada, is everywhere in the country and what i should just say is to be strong, save as much as you can, do research, prepare yourself mentally and physical before you embark on this Journey to Canada because i`ve heard lots of negative thoughts but my husband is doing well in there and i`ve to join him so whatever i`ll get to begin with, it will help out because its not going to be easy and i won't forget to pray on this, I might never know when our Merciful God will send his blessing to all of us in this new land we about to build our lives & start a family.

All the best to all of you and be strong.

God bless
r/
Asephil

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
prairie_pinay said:
have a Business Admin degree and found work in the insurance industry here in Calgary.
prairie pinay
hello sir!
i m frm India, i hve b.com degree gnn persue business admn, jst hv few questions, hw cn we land in ca without hvn work permit or appointment letter of ur employer m askn dz ? Jst cz as u mntnd in ur post dat u hv applyd fr mny jobs after u landing in Canada, as u also mntnd dat u strtd applying online in mny MNC b4 landing, just wnn knw hw can we apply online websites? Can u share? Any links? If u hv plz share it Vll b v hlp full...
list of questions!
hw u did u apply online?
any websites?
can we land in c.a and apply from der or we can apply from outside as well?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
imran1989 said:
prairie pinay
hello sir!
i m frm India, i hve b.com degree gnn persue business admn, jst hv few questions, hw cn we land in ca without hvn work permit or appointment letter of ur employer m askn dz ? Jst cz as u mntnd in ur post dat u hv applyd fr mny jobs after u landing in Canada, as u also mntnd dat u strtd applying online in mny MNC b4 landing, just wnn knw hw can we apply online websites? Can u share? Any links? If u hv plz share it Vll b v hlp full...
list of questions!
hw u did u apply online?
any websites?
can we land in c.a and apply from der or we can apply from outside as well?
I would recommend that you write your questions in full sentences. What you have written above is extremely difficult to understand which significantly decreases the changes that anyone is going to answer.

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello KETEVAN,

i and my husband are going to land in August, as per ur suggestion we first go for call centre job, after joining we will find our matching job, here in India my husband is working as a warehouse incharge in Shopping Mall, and i am Accounting Lecturer in college.

what are the job duties in Call centre.

In which part of canada u r? we are going to land in Calgary.

waiting for reply.

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband is from the US and has been unemployed for a year. He has a university degree but can't find a job anywhere, despite making connections and sending out HUNDREDS of resumes. It's not racism in his case -- but I'm wondering if it's because he's from the States. He isn't picky and has applied to many kinds of jobs. Even the call centres won't give him an interview. It's maddening!

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
scylla said:
I would recommend that you write your questions in full sentences. What you have written above is extremely difficult to understand which significantly decreases the changes that anyone is going to answer.
scylla!!!

m lukn fr job in Canada, if i u knw any websites plz share? wch vll help to find a job...is it possble to find an employer who can sponsor? Or do i hv to land in Canada nd then look fr job..what do u suggst? As u all r experienced, it vll b hlpfull....wch is d best way to land in canada?

thanx in advance!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchloo said:
My husband is from the US and has been unemployed for a year. He has a university degree but can't find a job anywhere, despite making connections and sending out HUNDREDS of resumes. It's not racism in his case -- but I'm wondering if it's because he's from the States. He isn't picky and has applied to many kinds of jobs. Even the call centres won't give him an interview. It's maddening!
Welcome to Canada

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
This is a classical story. I have been applying for months and the only job I got is a call centre job. I got it at a job fair. You may try job fairs too because unlike many online vacancy listings the jobs that are advertised at fairs indeed exist and companies come there to fill their labour needs.
In fact call centre jobs are very competitive. I will give you my example. I started working in a team of 16 people. We had a 2 month paid training. Every week we had exams and everybody who got below 75% got sacked. Now we are only 6 left. After they eliminated people for poor scores, they started eliminating people for poor french. Now that we finished training and started taking calls, they evaluate how much sales we make a day, although our job is not sales agent. However, we need to try and make sales at each income call (when people call for explanation of bills etc.). The job is extremely stressful and I have not even mentioned the aggressive attitude of clients yet.
All my teammates are qualified immigrants. Myself I have PhD in economics from UK. However, in the absence of alternative, all I have to do is pray not to lose this only job and thank God for giving it to me.

kitchloo said:

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Hi Dina07, I am in Quebec. Your husband can try starting level warehouse jobs. You can contact recruitment agencies and they will search warehouse jobs for him. He should be ready for heavy lifting though.
Call centre agents are of two types - income call agents (those who respond to clients question) and outbound call agents, a.k.a. Telemarketing agents (those who interrupt your lovely dinner at night and try to sell you something). I do not recommend going to telemarketing because you will feel uncomfortable when people almost hang up at you, moreover normally agents get dismissed if they do not reach their sales targets. I suggest going for income calls. However, you will most probably have to do sales attempts as inbound call agent too (see my post above), but sales will not be the only criteria used to evaluate you.
I am working for a telecom company. I need to manage internet/phone/tv accounts, accept orders, explain bills, promote products, respond to complaints etc.

dina07 said:
Hello KETEVAN,

i and my husband are going to land in August, as per ur suggestion we first go for call centre job, after joining we will find our matching job, here in India my husband is working as a warehouse incharge in Shopping Mall, and i am Accounting Lecturer in college.

what are the job duties in Call centre.

In which part of canada u r? we are going to land in Calgary.

waiting for reply.

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello KETEVAN,

Thanks a lot for replying,

I hve one query and is that I have to purchase a laptop so it will be better to bring from India or should i purchase from here?

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
I suggest to bring laptops from India because it is expensive here. But for kitchen/domestic equipment - no need to bring it as you can get cheap stuff at walmart and your things may not work in Canada.

dina07 said:
Hello KETEVAN,

Thanks a lot for replying,

I hve one query and is that I have to purchase a laptop so it will be better to bring from India or should i purchase from here?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kitchloo said:
That's a sad story, i would have thought - him being from the US should be an advantage in getting employment ...as he has "north american working experience & education"

just curious to know - what's his area of expertise?

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Ketevan said:
I am earning 1850 a month by working in call centre that does not even require university education. So for me the advantage of staying in Canada is obvious. At home I was earning 300 dollars per month for an accounting job and that was not even enough to do a one day grocery shopping. In order to survive, I would need to follow others and learn how to fake accounts and deflate profits (taking the difference into the pocket). And will have to live in stress until getting imprisoned. So I chose to come here and I never regret, because I did not have much to lose. However, if I was well settled with a good salary, I would not take the risk because the % of immigrants that eventually lands a dream job seems to be lower than the % of unsatisfied immigrants.

The only disappointing obervation that I made is that companies generate artificial barriers for immigrants. For example, I have British education (graduated from Edinburgh, world's 25th best university) and I was rejected for a bank cashier post because I do not have the evaluation of foreign degrees by the Ministry of immigration. I do not undetstand why a graduate of top world university is not good enough to do basic customer service and clerical tasks in the eyes of Quebec banks. By the way, bank teller post does not require university diploma. However, I take it calm, because Canada does not owe me anything.

I was very lucky that I landed a call centre job following the advice of our friend emamabd to go to a job fair. So currently I am accummulating call centre experience to later apply to bank customer service and move from there. I was quite lucky that I landed at the time when most call centres were recruiting and needed labour. So they even took people with zero canadian experience and later eliminated poor performers by on job tests. And of course if not emamabd's advice, now I would be mopping airport floors during night shifts (if I am lucky).

So my advice to new comers looking for temporary posts is to try call centres because there are always plenty of jobs. People leave often because they find something better and vacate posts. Also, locals do not fancy call centres because of lower-than-average pay and on the job stress. This is good experience to start with, opportunity to improve language skills and unlike cleaning/catering jobs, can boost most CVs.
Again I appreciate your post. You said you make CAD 1850 per month. Is it after tax?