+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job History for Express entry profile

Apekshamadan702

Oct 30, 2020
Hi, I have around 14 years of work experience in India. while filling the Express entry profile, there is option to add only 2 work experiences. I have added the details of my 2 previous employments and did not include the current one because getting the reference letter from current employer would be difficult without resigning. I know that reference letter is only required when you get an ITA. However, I want to make sure that this won't be considered as misrepresentation and I should include my current employment details in the history. Please advice.

Last edited:

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I have around 14 years of work experience in India. while filling the Express entry profile, there is option to add only 2 work experiences. I have added the details of my 2 previous employments and did not include the current one because getting the reference letter from current employer would be difficult without resigning. I know that reference letter is only required when you get an ITA. However, I want to make sure that this won't be considered as misrepresentation and I should include my current employment details in the history. Please advice.
You only need to add the work experience for which you are claiming points in your Work History section. This does not have to be your current employment.

Once you have received an ITA and when you are filling in your application form, your entire work history for the past 10 years will need to be mentioned in the Personal History section. You do not need to provide any proof for this.

In the Work History section, you can keep only the employment for which you are claiming points. This needs to have been within the past 10 years, but not necessarily your current job.

Hope this helps.

Apekshamadan702

Oct 30, 2020
You only need to add the work experience for which you are claiming points in your Work History section. This does not have to be your current employment.

Once you have received an ITA and when you are filling in your application form, your entire work history for the past 10 years will need to be mentioned in the Personal History section. You do not need to provide any proof for this.

In the Work History section, you can keep only the employment for which you are claiming points. This needs to have been within the past 10 years, but not necessarily your current job.

Hope this helps.
Thanks you for sharing your thoughts. This make sense.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks you for sharing your thoughts. This make sense.
You are welcome. This is what I did. There is no requirement to mention your current job in your work history. Just include it in your personal history.