+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job experience

Nov 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for Federal Skilled Workers under Express Entry but i have some questions to be solve before i will apply.

I have been working PART TIME as a Cleaning supervisor for 2 years ( 2014-16 and paid in cash) during my bachelor in India.

After completion of my bachelor degree, i was moved to Australia to do masters where I worked as a PART TIME Cleaning Supervisor for 2 years (2017-19 and paid in account) too.

And since last 1 year, i came back to India and started working as a FULL TIME cleaning supervisor ( paid in cash) in the same company where i was working during my bachelor degree.

so my question is.
Can I count this work experience for Federal Skilled Workers under Express Entry?
If yes, then How many years of work experience I should count ?
As i have 4 years of part time and 1 years of full time work experience.
—————————————————————-
Secondly, i have been applied for a visitor Visa for Canada while i was in Australia.
At that time, I did not mentioned my Indian work experience and job as it all were past, I only mentioned my present job.

So Now if i will apply for express entry program, will it create any problem or mispresentation of my personal details?
—————————————————————-

Thirdly, i have done a 10 weeks certificate course as well.
So will it count as a additional certificate or diploma and can i get additional points of it?

Does certificate course’s duration matters?
If yes, then minimum how long course duration must have completed in a certificate course?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Experience
To be eligible, the first year must be full-time, continuous, skilled work experience in one NOC (or if part-time over two years). So if your hours and months add up to 3 years, you are good. You need to have employment letters on company letterhead outlining responsibilities, salary, time worked for all jobs.

2. Applying for visitor visa or express entry makes no differenc.

3. If you have a masters, a certificate will not give you more points. And a 10 week certificate will not anyways.

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks for your help
For question : 3
Unfortunately, i could not completed my masters.
So what if i will do any certificate course of 1 year duration.
Will it increase CRS points ?

and if possible, could you suggest me that what kind of course i should choose?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your help
For question : 3
Unfortunately, i could not completed my masters.
So what if i will do any certificate course of 1 year duration.
Will it increase CRS points ?

and if possible, could you suggest me that what kind of course i should choose?
Thanks
I can’t suggest a course as you must choose a program that helps your career. has your degree been assessed as a 4 year degree? You need to choose a PG program that will be assessed as a PG diploma or certificate.

Ricky08

Dec 7, 2018
1. Experience
To be eligible, the first year must be full-time, continuous, skilled work experience in one NOC (or if part-time over two years). So if your hours and months add up to 3 years, you are good. You need to have employment letters on company letterhead outlining responsibilities, salary, time worked for all jobs.

2. Applying for visitor visa or express entry makes no differenc.

3. If you have a masters, a certificate will not give you more points. And a 10 week certificate will not anyways.
Where does it mentioned that the first year of experience need to be of one year.?

gebong

Mar 11, 2023
Can anyone help pls?

I have been invited to apply under FSW. I have a one (1) year of experience as a QC Technician under NOC 2211. I was employed under a recruitment agency for 1 month and 10 days and the remaining 10 months and 20 days were under the main company, which totalled 1+ years of experience. However, I was not able to declare the employment under the recruitment agency on my express entry profile.

Would it be enough to just provide a letter of explanation and payslips from the recruitment agency when I accept the invitation?