+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Employment vs PR

Sakshamsoni

Jul 1, 2019
Hi.
I am on a student permit and hail in Saskachewan. My studies got over in April and my study permit gets expired in August. I am eligible for the Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program (SINP), however if I want to move out of Saskatchewan and look for a full time job, how will it impact my work permit and PR ?

Sakshamsoni

Jul 1, 2019
So just to clarify you want to take up a great opportunity for SINP and then move straight out of the province ? Technically of course once you are a PR you could move to any province . Once you are a PR you do not need a work permit so not sure what you are referring to there.
Hi,
Thank you for taking time to reply.
Due to a full time job scarcity in Saskatchewan with respect to my course (Busimess Management), I am likely to take work permit and move out of Saskatchewan to look for a full time opportunity. If I do not consider SINP and work in some other province then how does it have an impact on my PR and do I get an opportunity to extend my work permit to stay longer in Canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGWPs can’t be extended. An employer would need to get an LMIA and you’d have to apply for a closed work permit. There is no guarantee of success but the process takes around 6 months. Due to time and expense many employers are not interested in trying to get the LMIA. You are expected to show that you have attempted to find employment in Sask. I would apply for jobs for a few months and keep records of your job applications, correspondence with employers, interviews, etc. If you can’t find a job then you can move on and have the proof that you tried your best to find employment in Sask.

Sakshamsoni

Jul 1, 2019
I have been trying very hard for jobs in Saskatchewan.
I haven't received positive replies from the employers. How can I find myself in the right job ?

Neethueby

Aug 9, 2020
Dear Sir,

My name is Ebenezer Franklin Jeyakumar. I would like to seek information regarding University programs (1-year Certificate/Diploma) related to Accountancy or Project Management. Currently I have valid PTE Academic score (74).

My Career and family background:

I turned 38 years on June 2020. I have completed BCom (2005) and MBA Finance (2008). I have got 11 years work experience with the below companies.

• TCS as Market Research (2009 – 2013)
  • Currently as Senior Operations assistance (2013 – present)
My family includes Spouse and 2 kids 5-year-old and 8 months old. Spouse also completed MBA Finance and got 8 years of experience.

Kindly clear my queries on below:

• Will there be any problem for applying student visa with above Career background?
  • Does Saskatchewan have opportunities to get 1-year permanent job under PGWP?
  • What is the credibility of Saskatchewan Polytechnic? Any demerits studying there?
  • Can you suggest any other universities to complete above course?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Sir,

My name is Ebenezer Franklin Jeyakumar. I would like to seek information regarding University programs (1-year Certificate/Diploma) related to Accountancy or Project Management. Currently I have valid PTE Academic score (74).

My Career and family background:

I turned 38 years on June 2020. I have completed BCom (2005) and MBA Finance (2008). I have got 11 years work experience with the below companies.

• TCS as Market Research (2009 – 2013)
  • Currently as Senior Operations assistance (2013 – present)
My family includes Spouse and 2 kids 5-year-old and 8 months old. Spouse also completed MBA Finance and got 8 years of experience.

Kindly clear my queries on below:

• Will there be any problem for applying student visa with above Career background?
  • Does Saskatchewan have opportunities to get 1-year permanent job under PGWP?
  • What is the credibility of Saskatchewan Polytechnic? Any demerits studying there?
  • Can you suggest any other universities to complete above course?
If you have already completed an MBA, then you should be aiming to take either another Master's, or PhD, or a Post Graduate Diploma. If you apply to take a regular diploma or a certificate, your study permit will be refused since this is a much lower level of education than you already have and it won't make sense for you to be coming to Canada to complete this program. Also, you should take a program that is at least 2 years in length so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. If your objective is to get PR, it's very risky just to take a 1 year program.

Neethueby

Aug 9, 2020
Sir, we got offer letter from KPU, BC for post baccalaureate diploma in accounting 2 years program. Is it a good discussion to go with this. Our aim is to accure BC PNP, am I eligible? Please see my above msg for my qualifications