+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Job duties letter' signed by someone else.

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
My experience letter was signed by the school Principal, he no longer works at the school. I also don't work there now. The letter does not state job duties/responsibilites, I will go back and try to get a letter just specifying job roles which will most probably be signed by HR. Which means to prove work experience I will have to provide both the experience letter signed by Principal and a separate job letter signed by HR. Is that alright? I hope it won't be an issue.

Robertburton

Feb 13, 2023
My experience letter was signed by the school Principal, he no longer works at the school. I also don't work there now. The letter does not state job duties/responsibilites, I will go back and try to get a letter just specifying job roles which will most probably be signed by HR. Which means to prove work experience I will have to provide both the experience letter signed by Principal and a separate job letter signed by HR. Is that alright? I hope it won't be an issue. TellCulvers
I just want say It's not uncommon for a work experience letter to be signed by a different person from the one who originally signed it. If you're unable to obtain a new letter from the same signatory, a letter signed by HR detailing your job duties and responsibilities can provide additional validation of your work experience. However, the requirements for proof of work experience vary depending on the specific context, such as immigration applications or job applications, so it's best to check with the organization or agency you're dealing with to see if they have any specific requirements. In general, having multiple pieces of documentation supporting your work experience is better than having just one, so it's unlikely to be an issue as long as the letters are valid and signed by authorized individuals.

Last edited:

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I just want say It's not uncommon for a work experience letter to be signed by a different person from the one who originally signed it. If you're unable to obtain a new letter from the same signatory, a letter signed by HR detailing your job duties and responsibilities can provide additional validation of your work experience. However, the requirements for proof of work experience vary depending on the specific context, such as immigration applications or job applications, so it's best to check with the organization or agency you're dealing with to see if they have any specific requirements. In general, having multiple pieces of documentation supporting your work experience is better than having just one, so it's unlikely to be an issue as long as the letters are valid and signed by authorized individuals.
Today I found out that the new Principal will be willing to sign a new experience letter stating everything that's needed for immigration. However, he was appointed after I left the school so he didn't directly know me. Will that be a problem? I hope not. His direct contact will not be provided, the letter will contain school's official contact number and email address so I guess IRCC will contact the school through those info that will be provided. I will still meet the new Principal so he knows I used to work there before.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Today I found out that the new Principal will be willing to sign a new experience letter stating everything that's needed for immigration. However, he was appointed after I left the school so he didn't directly know me. Will that be a problem? I hope not. His direct contact will not be provided, the letter will contain school's official contact number and email address so I guess IRCC will contact the school through those info that will be provided. I will still meet the new Principal so he knows I used to work there before.
I don't see any problem here whatsoever.

Principal is signing on behalf of the school and not saying that you worked during his tenure.

Many organisations do not give direct contact, Visa officers are aware of that, worst case if they call the school, they cannot reject unless someone at a senior level at school claims that the school never issued any experience letter.

So don't worry ☺

Reactions: forqueries

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I don't see any problem here whatsoever.

Principal is signing on behalf of the school and not saying that you worked during his tenure.

Many organisations do not give direct contact, Visa officers are aware of that, worst case if they call the school, they cannot reject unless someone at a senior level at school claims that the school never issued any experience letter.

So don't worry ☺
Thank you so much!