Job Description Letter

SJR_Spencer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

The company where I worked for close to 6 years by policy does not provide job description letters but have agreed to provide me a letter stating that they don't provide these letters to employees/ ex-employees. I have the resignation and service period letters from the same company as well as pay stubs for the latest 14 months in the organisation.

1. Would that suffice?
2. How do I now present a valid job description document now?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SJR_Spencer said:
Hi All,

The company where I worked for close to 6 years by policy does not provide job description letters but have agreed to provide me a letter stating that they don't provide these letters to employees/ ex-employees. I have the resignation and service period letters from the same company as well as pay stubs for the latest 14 months in the organisation.

1. Would that suffice?
2. How do I now present a valid job description document now?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
No it will not suffice, please refer to this link to see as to what alternatives you have for reference letter http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

pssid

Dec 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
4-11-2015
Passport Req..
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Try what ever possible from the link mentioned in above post and if nothing works the last resort is a legal self declaration on a stamp paper. Content is the same as mentioned but its just a declaration that you could not get the a reference letter and what ever u r saying if found wrong can b held against you in court. It worked for me, but no guarantees. From what i observed reading the post over a period of time is that if your company is a well known company and the noc u r claiming is the kind of work they do.. self declaration does work. But remember its last resort. It gave me many sleepless nights cursing my company.. i got ppr recently with self declaration so i tht of sharing it. Good luck

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Mate, you can use Statuary Declaration or Affidavit from a manage, then it does not have to be on a letterhead, and it can provide a full set details required by CIC.

Good luck

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
As the above poster said, make your manager (or a colleague, as a last resort) sign a letter on plain paper in the presence a notary public, who will notarize the letter and thus verify the identity of the signatory.

pgfswapp

Apr 29, 2018
@andy108 @pssid @CADparity

I'm in the same situation. Can't get the reference letter on the company letterhead because of the policy. But its a well known bank.
Have the rest of the documents - offer letters, experience letter, recommendation letter, payslips, T4 tax papers etc.

My Question: Can I notarize the reference letter even if it is for a Canadian employer? Thanks