+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Code

Ssimran

Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I am presently working as Taxation Consultant in a taxation firm. My job is related to Taxation and accounting which involves
1. Preparing Income tax returns including GST.
2. Consulting with clients regarding several taxation matters.
3. Reconcile accounting statements according to taxation laws.
However I'm unable to find a suitable job code as if I put 1111 as my Job code then it does not match with employment requirements and by putting 1112 and 1114 it does not match with my job responsibilities. what job title should be best suitable according to my Job designation.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone. I am presently working as Taxation Consultant in a taxation firm. My job is related to Taxation and accounting which involves
However I'm unable to find a suitable job code as if I put 1111 as my Job code then it does not match with employment requirements and by putting 1112 and 1114 it does not match with my job responsibilities. what job title should be best suitable according to my Job designation.
You're basically an Income Tax Consultant. So, as per your designation 1111 is the most relevant NOC, as compared to the 1112 or 1114. None of these two specify any designation in the taxation field.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
You're basically an Income Tax Consultant. So, as per your designation 1111 is the most relevant NOC, as compared to the 1112 or 1114. None of these two specify any designation in the taxation field.
As per written here,
it does not match with employment requirements
is that important or can on-field training justify the use of the NOC?

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Do you have any relevant education with regard to the profession of accounting/tax consultancy?

Jul 11, 2019
Bhaarat
Category........
FSW
Not meeting employment requirements means the education is not upto the same level as required by the NOC code?
If that is so, find one where at least 2 of your duties match along with education requirements for that NOC, you don't need all the duties to match.
Rest of the duties can be placed as add-ons, learned on the spot, at job training etc.

Eg. My firm employs people from various backgrounds and cultures. Different education requirements are not mandatory, yet useful for performing some special tasks which only they can be trusted. Alas, they fail everytime. That guy in red suit is ruining our business. Still hoping for the best.
Andhera kayam rahe.

Reactions: rajapanesar

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Do you have any relevant education with regard to the profession of accounting/tax consultancy?
Not meeting employment requirements means the education is not upto the same level as required by the NOC code?
If that is so, find one where at least 2 of your duties match along with education requirements for that NOC, you don't need all the duties to match.
Rest of the duties can be placed as add-ons, learned on the spot, at job training etc.

Eg. My firm employs people from various backgrounds and cultures. Different education requirements are not mandatory, yet useful for performing some special tasks which only they can be trusted. Alas, they fail everytime. That guy in red suit is ruining our business. Still hoping for the best.
Andhera kayam rahe.
Do NOC and experience have anything to do with educational background?
I am a mechanical engineer by education and working as a sales manager.
Does it mean I have to academically be a 'sales person' for my job and experience, which I am not?

This is a country where finding a relevant job is difficult. The starting job gives us experience in its field, leading to better positions in similar settings, thus causing us to stray away from our educational background. All of us are good at our positions, that's why we are there. We know how it works, how to make it work. It's practical experience, not bookish theory.

As I am too not from the same field of study as my job is, does this bring my profile to a jeopardy?

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Do NOC and experience have anything to do with educational background?
I am a mechanical engineer by education and working as a sales manager.
Does it mean I have to academically be a 'sales person' for my job and experience, which I am not?

This is a country where finding a relevant job is difficult. The starting job gives us experience in its field, leading to better positions in similar settings, thus causing us to stray away from our educational background. All of us are good at our positions, that's why we are there. We know how it works, how to make it work. It's practical experience, not bookish theory.

As I am too not from the same field of study as my job is, does this bring my profile to a jeopardy?
No not really. In most of the jobs, educational background doesn't matter as far as EE is concerned. You must only demonstrate that you held the proper job title and did discharge an adequate number of job duties. Even CIC guidebook says that the 'employment requirements' in the NOC criteria need not be demonstrated for the purpose of EE. They are however very much relevant once you immigrate and seek a job in that NOC. If you don't fulfill the requirements, you may not get a job.

However, that's not why I asked for the education history. See, now NOC 1111 is a technical occupation. And many of the titles under it fall in the category of 'regulated professions'. I asked for the educational background just to see where the guy stands. I mean, if he has some kind of certificate or even high school grad in commerce that 'd serve him good. Not that it is necessary at all, but still, would take the suspicion off from VO's mind and make the case stronger.
Though even if he doesn't have any of those, it 'll be fine since skill comes with experience in such kind of jobs.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
No not really. In most of the jobs, educational background doesn't matter as far as EE is concerned. You must only demonstrate that you held the proper job title and did discharge an adequate number of job duties. Even CIC guidebook says that the 'employment requirements' in the NOC criteria need not be demonstrated for the purpose of EE. They are however very much relevant once you immigrate and seek a job in that NOC. If you don't fulfill the requirements, you may not get a job.

However, that's not why I asked for the education history. See, now NOC 1111 is a technical occupation. And many of the titles under it fall in the category of 'regulated professions'. I asked for the educational background just to see where the guy stands. I mean, if he has some kind of certificate or even high school grad in commerce that 'd serve him good. Not that it is necessary at all, but still, would take the suspicion off from VO's mind and make the case stronger.
Though even if he doesn't have any of those, it 'll be fine since skill comes with experience in such kind of jobs.
Thank you for the clarification. Mai ta darr e gya c, v mera v panga khada ho jana hun.

It means, even if we don't have any education in our field of job, even then we are good to use the NOC of our profession.
A relevant study jist serves to please the VO and Canadian job offers.
As per job offers, even if I don't get them as per my current one, I am able to work wood and metal by hand (home environment) and to some extent, domestic electricity fitting and plumbing. It's just a matter of moving from here.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you for the clarification. Mai ta darr e gya c, v mera v panga khada ho jana hun.

It means, even if we don't have any education in our field of job, even then we are good to use the NOC of our profession.
A relevant study jist serves to please the VO and Canadian job offers.
As per job offers, even if I don't get them as per my current one, I am able to work wood and metal by hand (home environment) and to some extent, domestic electricity fitting and plumbing. It's just a matter of moving from here.
Haan mtlb aida ta transferability allowed aa experience lyi but if the NOC is a regulated one in the country (where you worked), then one must show that they met the requirements as laid down by the regulatory bodies during the time they worked that certain job. For instance, licensing in the case of a lawyer ya doctor, is an indispensable requirement.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thank you again for the clarification @Not_Your_Donkey_Kong. I can rest in peace for now in this regard. But until I get IQAS assessment, I am not gonna be a peaceful presence.
Have you sent the application package BTW?