+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Change - Application in Final stage

AkashPatel1990

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi All,

I have recently changed my job. My ppr application is in NA2 stage. The background check is going on.

As I have changed my job, do I need to report or update my application. If yes how should I do that.

Thanks.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

I have recently changed my job. My ppr application is in NA2 stage. The background check is going on.

As I have changed my job, do I need to report or update my application. If yes how should I do that.

Thanks.
I don't think you need to report you job change (unless you used your current job to claim CRS points for having valid arranged employment in Canada). But, if you didn't claim points for having valid arranged employment in Canada, your Express Entry eligibility and CRS Points were calculated based on work experience ALREADY completed, not on your current employment - I'm not sure it's relevant information for your application (after all, you can apply for permanent residency if you're unemployed, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria). (Please note, I'm not well versed in the Federal Skilled Trades programme, so if you applied under this category, you might want to seek guidance from others on this matter.)

Last edited:
Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I don't think you need to report you job change (unless you used your current job to claim CRS points for having valid arranged employment in Canada). But, if you didn't claim points for having valid arranged employment in Canada, your Express Entry eligibility and CRS Points were calculated based on work experience ALREADY completed, not on your current employment - I'm not sure it's relevant information for your application (after all, you can apply for permanent residency if you're unemployed, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria). (Please note, I'm not well versed in the Federal Skilled Trades programme, so if you applied under this category, you might want to seek guidance from others on this matter.)
You're right.
He/she doesn't need to inform anything to CIC.