+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Bank Matching Is A Scam / We're Fools to Believe it!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smtele said:
Unfortunately, it didn't go beyond the interview phase.
Well, in reality, some companies have chosen a candidate already, so the ad on Job Bank is just a procedure for LMIA.

anytimebutnow

Jan 1, 2016
smtele said:
They wasted your emotions and time with a fake interview so they could write on their LMIA application "We interviewed X number of candidates and nobody was suitable".

And for the poster who said some people have had success being recruited over job bank and had the employer support their application: NOPE, don't believe it. Can you name one? Can you send one such person here to tell us their story? NOPE. You can't. Because it DOES NOT HAPPEN.

What employer will hire a complete stranger from another country and then wait 6-12+ months for the new worker to arrive? Sorry, that does not happen.

JobBank is a collection of (1) fake jobs which the employer is just advertising to meet LMIA application rules for someone they have already selected and who probably already works for them and (2) foreign workers who have no chance whatsoever of getting a job offer, who will waste hundreds of hours 'networking' on LinkedIn and other websites trying to get someone to give them a chance, which will never happen.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Alexios07 said:
Well, in reality, some companies have chosen a candidate already, so the ad on Job Bank is just a procedure for LMIA.
Jobbank is used by canadian citizens and pr who are job seekers as well as by potential foreign workers. A posting being on job bank does not mean that the employer is looking to get an LMIA. Part of the requirements for obtaining a lmia is to make a legitimate effort to recruit Canadians first which includes advertising on multiple platforms not just the jobbank.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Jobbank is used by canadian citizens and pr who are job seekers as well as by potential foreign workers. A posting being on job bank does not mean that the employer is looking to get an LMIA. Part of the requirements for obtaining a lmia is to make a legitimate effort to recruit Canadians first which includes advertising on multiple platforms not just the jobbank.
I know that. but let's be honest here, Job Bank was created primarily for immigration purpose. If someone is seriously looking for a job, then (s)he is already have a profile with Indeed, Monster, glassdoor or LinkedIn etc. Most Canadian employers or native people don't even know what Job Bank is or its existence. You will probably have more chance to land a job on the Job Posting part of Craigslist or Kijiji than Job Bank.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smtele said:
I see... I thought you got the job through job bank postings. I thought you're the knight in shining armor who will change the negative opinion we have about job bank. Alas! It is true then that job bank is an eyewash! :p

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
anytimebutnow said:
They wasted your emotions and time with a fake interview so they could write on their LMIA application "We interviewed X number of candidates and nobody was suitable".

And for the poster who said some people have had success being recruited over job bank and had the employer support their application: NOPE, don't believe it. Can you name one? Can you send one such person here to tell us their story? NOPE. You can't. Because it DOES NOT HAPPEN.

What employer will hire a complete stranger from another country and then wait 6-12+ months for the new worker to arrive? Sorry, that does not happen.

JobBank is a collection of (1) fake jobs which the employer is just advertising to meet LMIA application rules for someone they have already selected and who probably already works for them and (2) foreign workers who have no chance whatsoever of getting a job offer, who will waste hundreds of hours 'networking' on LinkedIn and other websites trying to get someone to give them a chance, which will never happen.
I was hired after finding g my job on Jobbank (pre express entry) and my employer waited more than a year for me to come to canada. Other colleagues of mine also found their jobs on Jobbank. My company also has several jobs advertised and have brought over foreign nationals, two so far for further discussions. My company requires unique skills that are not present and so they almost always have to recruit from overseas. Natural they wait until they find someone before they apply for the LMIA because the LMIA has a specific validity and because it would be foolish to waste the fee if it's not necessary. The point is they advertise on Jobbank to find someone and if the best person for the job is overseas then they go through the LMIA process. Many people find jobs on Jobbank. You don't know everyone so not knowing of it happening doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Alexios07 said:
I know that. but let's be honest here, Job Bank was created primarily for immigration purpose. If someone is seriously looking for a job, then (s)he is already have a profile with Indeed, Monster, glassdoor or LinkedIn etc. Most Canadian employers or native people don't even know what Job Bank is or its existence. You will probably have more chance to land a job on the Job Posting part of Craigslist or Kijiji than Job Bank.
The reason jobbank is the mandatory job site is because it's operated by the government. Furthermore how do you know what most canadian employers know or do not know? I didn't know about it before I got my job just like I didn't know about Ineed. A simple Google search though is all that's required. Additionally, what's wrong with it being for immigration primarily not that I agree mind you. This is an immigration forum so why would anyone here complain?

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
anytimebutnow said:
They wasted your emotions and time with a fake interview so they could
I did not think of it in this way. One employer did two interviews, the second one with the head of the team, so I thought they were pretty serious about finding someone. Anyhow, it was good to get some experience at interviewing with Canadian employers and get a sense of their expectations.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
I was hired after finding g my job on Jobbank (pre express entry) and my employer waited more than a year for me to come to canada. Other colleagues of mine also found their jobs on Jobbank. My company also has several jobs advertised and have brought over foreign nationals, two so far for further discussions. My company requires unique skills that are not present and so they almost always have to recruit from overseas. Natural they wait until they find someone before they apply for the LMIA because the LMIA has a specific validity and because it would be foolish to waste the fee if it's not necessary. The point is they advertise on Jobbank to find someone and if the best person for the job is overseas then they go through the LMIA process. Many people find jobs on Jobbank. You don't know everyone so not knowing of it happening doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Your case is exceptional. In general, most of the job postings on job bank website are just formalities. That`s what people are trying to say here. Is there any real job posting there? Yes but very few if not zero. Do people from overseas get hired by applying through job bank? Yes, but very very few as well.

So the conclusion is

Is job bank fake: No
Do people from overseas get job from job bank: Yes, but very few and in some exceptional cases only
What is the likelihood of getting job by applying through job bank : Very small
Can you rely on job bank website as the main source for job hunting : Definitely NO. Craiglist or Kijiji are better
Should you spend more time looking for job postings in Job Bank : Probably not

I think that should sum up all the points in this discussion

;D

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hansdza said:
Your case is exceptional. In general, most of the job postings on job bank website are just formalities. That`s what people are trying to say here. Is there any real job posting there? Yes but very few if not zero. Do people from overseas get hired by applying through job bank? Yes, but very very few as well.

So the conclusion is

Do people from overseas get job from job bank: Yes, but very few and in some exceptional cases only
Can you rely on job bank website as the main source for job hunting : Definitely NO. Craiglist or Kijiji are better

;D
I agree finding a job on jobbank is hard as a foreigner. But you have to understand it's meant for everybody including Canadians. I've spent quite some time in the last few months watching job postings on jobbank. And I noticed many jobs, at least in my field, are posted by head-hunter or staffing companies. If it's just formalities for sake of LMIA it doesn't make sense to go through a recruiting agency to post the ad. I'd say there are real ads there just not very good for foreigners.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
I agree finding a job on jobbank is hard as a foreigner. But you have to understand it's meant for everybody including Canadians. I've spent quite some time in the last few months watching job postings on jobbank. And I noticed many jobs, at least in my field, are posted by head-hunter or staffing companies. If it's just formalities for sake of LMIA it doesn't make sense to go through a recruiting agency to post the ad. I'd say there are real ads there just not very good for foreigners.
Valuable input. As for headhunters, they are always posting jobs regardless. Last time when I applied for a position, not through job bank, but directly through their website, the headhunters says the position was already filled long time ago. She called me for interview and she said she'd keep me on her list for next available opportunity.

I'm still keeping in touch with her. In a few discussions I asked her about the current job market. She said it is really tough right now at least in Alberta, she told me not to quit my job until she could find a new one for me.

But yeah, those postings from headhunters are sometimes already filled eventhough the closing date is still several days away

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
My company requires unique skills that are not present and so they almost always have to recruit from overseas. Natural they wait until they find someone before they apply for the LMIA because the LMIA has a specific validity and because it would be foolish to waste the fee if it's not necessary. The point is they advertise on Jobbank to find someone and if the best person for the job is overseas then they go through the LMIA process.
Do you mind if I ask what type of Canadian company that cannot find any Canadians with sufficient skills to work for them? It's just strange to me that a Canadian company has to rely on immigrant workers to operate and survive.

Hansdza said:
So the conclusion is

Very true.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
lol! Exactly.

Mr Optimist said:
Hey Stemele, congratulations!!... Can you elaborate how exactly were you were able to manage a job through job bank? How many tries did it take for you to land a legitimate job offer? What were employers' expectation when they interviewed? Were they okay to wait till CIC processes your PR?

Uff... questions are many!! :)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Alexios07 said:
Do you mind if I ask what type of Canadian company that cannot find any Canadians with sufficient skills to work for them? It's just strange to me that a Canadian company has to rely on immigrant workers to operate and survive.
Very true.
Actually I do mind because you ask the question with skepticism and distrust. Their are many skills that are in short supply in Canada and others that are quite saturated. This is exactly why there are professions that are in demand and provinces actively seek to nominate these professionals while choosing not to nominate others.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Actually I do mind because you ask the question with skepticism and distrust. Their are many skills that are in short supply in Canada and others that are quite saturated. This is exactly why there are professions that are in demand and provinces actively seek to nominate these professionals while choosing not to nominate others.
I'm indeed skeptical due to your wording.

[quote author=ButterflyChemist]My company requires unique skills that are not present and so they almost always have to recruit from overseas[/quote]

From my own personal experience, I just can't think of a job that no Canadians cannot do due to lack of skills, and how can this Canadian company started from the very first if they cannot hire any locals?