+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

jewelry help - URGENT

recron

Jun 23, 2012
Hi,

One of my relatives has asked us to carry jewelry for one of her friends while landing for the first time. I am not sure if I can carry the jewelry which does not belong to me. Also I dont want to get into any trouble.. Pls help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

recron said:
Hi,

One of my relatives has asked us to carry jewelry for one of her friends while landing for the first time. I am not sure if I can carry the jewelry which does not belong to me. Also I dont want to get into any trouble.. Pls help
Who is going to pay the duties and taxes on it?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ PMM I think what he is trying to say is since he is landing for the first time, and does not have to pay duties his relative can give him jewellery, and say that its "his jewellery" to customs control and give it to his relatives friend.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newtone said:
@ PMM I think what he is trying to say is since he is landing for the first time, and does not have to pay duties his relative can give him jewellery, and say that its "his jewellery" to customs control and give it to his relatives friend.
It is called smuggling, great way to start your life in Canada.

recron

Jun 23, 2012
Thanks for the reply PMM.I dont want to carry it myself thats why I posted my query. I was trying to figure out how to refuse them. I already informed that we will have to declare it in our name and that will be incorrect but they did not understand the seriousness. He is very good friend of my Aunt and he is making arrangements for our stay in Vancouver and help us with settling there..Guess its better to make our own arrangements and stay away from all of the trouble...