+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Japan Police Certificate

Sanket Gumaste

Sep 11, 2016
I just spoke on phone to the Japanese embassy here. Besides the other documents that are mentioned on the CIC website that are to be produced in the Japanese embassy for getting Japanese PCC, the Japanese embassy official to whom i spoke has confirmed that they will require the letter of request for Japanese PCC by the CIC. It will take 2 months for the Japanese embassy to get the PCC. That means i must accept the ITA right now and submit my application ASAP so that i can get the request letter from CIC.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
I went to the Japanese Consulate in Boston today. They told me:

1) I have to put fingerprints on a card ( similar to the one that FBI demands in USA )
2) Fill a 1 - page application form and mention that I am applying for Canadian PR
3) Bring original passport ( this will be returned back to me the same day )

The other docs ( fingerprint / application form ) are sent back to Japan. PCC will be issued in about 2 months time.

huongsask

Sep 3, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2018
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
09-05-2017
Med's Request
25-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018 - Passed after 3 days
Interview........
None
Hi all,

I am also concern about Japanese PCC since my spouse studies there for 3 years.

Can I ask you:

1.The request letter sent by CIC will show the name of person need PCC? In my case, it's my spouse.

2.How about the fee for this PCC from your country?

Thanks very much.

yb

Jan 28, 2017
Hi Lailina/all,

I applied for my PPC Japan when I got my ITA request and after 2 months I received my PCC from Japan embassy.

I submitted my pcc with all other documents on May 06.

Now I got the request Letter from CIC to upload scanned copy of police certificate japan

So my question is..Can I upload the same certificate which I submitted to them already at the time of submission or again do I need to apply for police certificate

Other Question. When uploading the document i.e when I click the upload button asking for document number
and issue date and expiry date but we don't have any document number and expiry date in PCC so what we need to give for those 2?

Please let us know if any one faced similar issue.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Lailina/all,

I applied for my PPC Japan when I got my ITA request and after 2 months I received my PCC from Japan embassy.

I submitted my pcc with all other documents on May 06.

Now I got the request Letter from CIC to upload scanned copy of police certificate japan

So my question is..Can I upload the same certificate which I submitted to them already at the time of submission or again do I need to apply for police certificate

Other Question. When uploading the document i.e when I click the upload button asking for document number
and issue date and expiry date but we don't have any document number and expiry date in PCC so what we need to give for those 2?

Please let us know if any one faced similar issue.
Hello,
I am currently living in Japan and applied with ITA on 25th April. I uploaded other documents except for the PCC from Japan as it is issued only once CIC requests one.
So, after almost 2 months of AOR, on 20th June I received a request letter for Japan PCC.
I then went to the police headquarters in Tokyo and applied for the PCC. They asked for the request letter from CIC as they would not provide the PCC on my personal request alone. The PCC is addressed to the CIC as well.
I got the PCC 2 weeks later and then uploaded it in myCIC. There was no field regarding document number/validity etc.

I presume it is standard procedure for foreigners who have a current address in Japan. CIC will ask for the PCC and then you provide it.
Anything you provided before will not count.
Then again, this is my guess, which I am not certain about.

Hope this helps.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
If you live in Japan there is a chance the police prefecture issues the PCC if you show them the ITA letter.

In my case, they did, we showed the documents checklist with my spouse name on it and they issued the document for her as well.

yb

Jan 28, 2017
If you live in Japan there is a chance the police prefecture issues the PCC if you show them the ITA letter.

In my case, they did, we showed the documents checklist with my spouse name on it and they issued the document for her as well.
Did you uploaded pcc with other documents when submitting the application?

Could you please elaborate what you have done after you have received pcc

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront

true, we did the same. just showed the ITA letter. they issued the PCC a week later, uploaded it in myCIC and submitted along with all the other documents required.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Did you uploaded pcc with other documents when submitting the application?

Could you please elaborate what you have done after you have received pcc
The envelope containing the PCC is sealed and mentioned it has to be opened by the addressee only. Although many people have reported they opened the envelope, scanned/upload the PCC, I decided to play safe:

1. Scanned back and front of the envelope and uploaded instead of the actual PCC
2. Wrote an LOE explaining this + asking for either permission to open on CIC's behalf and scan/upload the PCC or an address where I should forward the envelope to

I submitted my application and 2 weeks later, I got an additional document request, asking for me to upload the Japan PCC; which I did.

yb

Jan 28, 2017
The envelope containing the PCC is sealed and mentioned it has to be opened by the addressee only. Although many people have reported they opened the envelope, scanned/upload the PCC, I decided to play safe:

1. Scanned back and front of the envelope and uploaded instead of the actual PCC
2. Wrote an LOE explaining this + asking for either permission to open on CIC's behalf and scan/upload the PCC or an address where I should forward the envelope to

I submitted my application and 2 weeks later, I got an additional document request, asking for me to upload the Japan PCC; which I did.
So after you got the request you opened the pcc from the envelope and uploaded the same document which you received earlier

My case is

I opened and uploaded with other documents and now got the request letter to upload the scanned copy of original pcc

So I am not sure whether I can upload the same document or not?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
So after you got the request you opened the pcc from the envelope and uploaded the same document which you received earlier

My case is

I opened and uploaded with other documents and now got the request letter to upload the scanned copy of original pcc

So I am not sure whether I can upload the same document or not?
CIC is used to send request letter for various countries (like Japan, Singapore etc...) to issue PCCs. The officer might have done it automatically.

If I understand your situation correctly:

> If you are not in the rush, it doesn't harm getting a new PCC (let's say you are waiting for Singapore PCC or FBI PCC which takes some time too, I would do the Japan PCC again, in parallel = won't cause any delay in your application).

> If this is the last document, I would upload again the PCC you have as it is (if it was issued after AOR of course), with a short LOE mentioning that you managed to obtain the Japan PCC with the ITA letter.

yb

Jan 28, 2017

When you got the additional document request..how many days they have mentioned in the letter to submit it?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
When you got the additional document request..how many days they have mentioned in the letter to submit it?
For this specific Japan PCC, they gave me 1 week to upload. I guess since I told them in the LOE that I already obtained the paper, they gauged that 1 week would be enough.

yb

Jan 28, 2017
For this specific Japan PCC, they gave me 1 week to upload. I guess since I told them in the LOE that I already obtained the paper, they gauged that 1 week would be enough.
Hi All,

If you have 6 months validity at the time of submission then no need apply for the new police certificate. when they requested me again, i have submited the same document which has one month validity. i got my passport request without any issues.