+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Japan Police Certificate

yb

Jan 28, 2017
Hi All,

Any one applied for PCC Japan..Please do let me know the process to apply for the same, I can see the process in CIC website but just
i want to know real time experience.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I did.
The process is quite simple: you go to the Japanese embassy in your country (call them and make an appointment first), bring the docs they will require (I took my passport and copy of my Japanese registration card) they will take ur fingerprints, ask u to fill in a standard form, ask u random questions about what u did in Japan etc. that's it. It takes 1-2 months to get ur pcc after that.

That being said, I did all that without careful check of the CIC requirements. As per CIC, one needs to apply for PCC from Japan only after receiving a letter from CIC post ITA...
so, I am not sure whether my old PCCs will be accepted or I will have to go through the same procedure again ::)

NextInLine

Feb 22, 2017
I have a similar question regarding this topic: I have been living in Japan for almost four years now. I know I will need a PCC from Japan, since I have lived here for more than six months. However, is it that I also need another PCC from my home country? Does CIC require a PCC from all the countries where you have lived for six months or more? Just for clarification purposes please, so any suggestion / opinion is greatly appreciated...

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
CIC require PCC from all the countries where you have lived for six months or more, after 18 years of age.

yb

Jan 28, 2017
Hi Lailina,

Thanks for the reply. I am not quite sure what is "copy of my Japanese registration card".

I went to Japan on visitor visa and after that i got work permit which is printed on my passport, so i do not have any Registration Card?

Is that Passport copy is enough to apply?

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yb said:
Hi Lailina,

Thanks for the reply. I am not quite sure what is "copy of my Japanese registration card".

I went to Japan on visitor visa and after that i got work permit which is printed on my passport, so i do not have any Registration Card?

Is that Passport copy is enough to apply?
i think its better to check with the embassy. In fact, i just happened to have a copy of that doc with me, its not that they specifically required it

Sanket Gumaste

Sep 11, 2016
Hi friends,

I was in Japan for 3.5 years. I am in doubt about how to obtain the Japanese PCC. The CIC website says that once i submit my application for permanent residence, they will send me a letter requesting Japanese PCC. I am then required to take that to the Japanese embassy and do their formalities while applying there for the Japanese PCC. So could you guide me how exactly should i begin ? Should i click on "continue application" and submit all the information and then wait for the CIC request letter for the Japanese PCC ? I will appreciate your guidance on this ambiguity.

Best regards,

Sanket.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanket Gumaste said:
Hi friends,

I was in Japan for 3.5 years. I am in doubt about how to obtain the Japanese PCC. The CIC website says that once i submit my application for permanent residence, they will send me a letter requesting Japanese PCC. I am then required to take that to the Japanese embassy and do their formalities while applying there for the Japanese PCC. So could you guide me how exactly should i begin ? Should i click on "continue application" and submit all the information and then wait for the CIC request letter for the Japanese PCC ? I will appreciate your guidance on this ambiguity.

Best regards,

Sanket.
yes, you are right, you are not required to submit PCC from Japan together with your eAPR. Go to your application, fill it in, upload all necessary documents. You can mention it in the LoE that you are waiting for the request from CIC for Japan PCC or write and scan this directly to the PCC placeholder. Then you submit and wait for CIC to send you a request.
That being said, please do check this forum for more advice, as this is just my understanding of the process. I just did not see those instructions on CIC website and got my PCCs without the request letter pre-ITA. I am not sure whether it will be accepted or they will ask me to provide the new ones.

Sanket Gumaste

Sep 11, 2016
Thank you for the reply....another thing that makes me wonder is this:

The website of the Japanese embassy in Canada says that we need to download the CIC request letter in pdf format which is available on cic website if we google it, and just take it to the Japanese embassy to apply for the PCC with other required documents.

These are two contradictory pieces of instruction from CIC and the Japanese embassy. I dont know what to do.

Sanket Gumaste

Sep 11, 2016
I am also wondering how the Japanese embassy agreed to process your application for the PCC without the CIC request letter for the PCC, pre-ITA.??..

Apollojustice

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm Japanese.

I took Japanese PCC through the embassy in Calgary.
As they exempt the requesting letter to get it,all you have to bring is the documents they specify.
With regards to fingerprints,we can take it at the embassy for free.
If you live in Japan now, you have to go to police office.
It's not necessarily near you , the department should be belonging to the office in the big cities.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanket Gumaste said:
I am also wondering how the Japanese embassy agreed to process your application for the PCC without the CIC request letter for the PCC, pre-ITA.??..
They just asked the purpose for the PCC, I said immigration to Canada, that`s all.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sanket Gumaste said:
Thanks a lot....tomorrow i will visit the Japanese embassy in my city and see what they have to say.
good luck. But better call them and make an appointment first. At least it is how it works here