+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January LMIA applicants

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Let's keep the most current application and processing time here.

My employer submitted the application to the wrong centre. We did not know that we were supposed to send it to NB under dual intent. However, he faxed it to the NB office two days ago. Does anyone know when they usually charge the fee and when I will receive the file number?

Please share your timeline so I can plan my next step as my current visa will expire soon.

Thank you!

Gooner93

Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys,

Let's keep the most current application and processing time here.

My employer submitted the application to the wrong centre. We did not know that we were supposed to send it to NB under dual intent. However, he faxed it to the NB office two days ago. Does anyone know when they usually charge the fee and when I will receive the file number?

Please share your timeline so I can plan my next step as my current visa will expire soon.

Thank you!
Hi,
It usually takes a couple of days for them to charge the fee based on others experiences shared here so I guess your employer can call them and ask if it doesn't happen within a week. I am almost in the same situation. Applied for LMIA on Jan. 25th (to support PR) and no file number yet; unless my employer hasn't informed me about it just yet.
Good luck on your application

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi,
It usually takes a couple of days for them to charge the fee based on others experiences shared here so I guess your employer can call them and ask if it doesn't happen within a week. I am almost in the same situation. Applied for LMIA on Jan. 25th (to support PR) and no file number yet; unless my employer hasn't informed me about it just yet.
Hi,

Do you know why it takes so long to get a file number? Usually when the time the fee is charged, the file number is given, isn’t it?

I am wondering whether I can apply for a work permit to extend my stay now and update my information later. Or, what are the other options?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi,
Has the fee been charged? When?

Gooner93

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

Do you know why it takes so long to get a file number? Usually when the time the fee is charged, the file number is given, isn’t it?

I am wondering whether I can apply for a work permit to extend my stay now and update my information later. Or, what are the other options?
Again based on what I have seen here, the file numbers are normally issued 1 to 2 weeks after they receive the application. But with the current backlog, it may take even longer!

Kelyk

Feb 5, 2019
Edmonton Alberta Dual lmia
NOC 6311
application received - Feb 18
Interview - March 5
( service Canada asked for a contract review and resign by me resent same day)
APPROVED- March 12

saichowdari

Feb 26, 2019
Edmonton Alberta Dual lmia
NOC 6311
application received - Feb 18
Interview - March 5
( service Canada asked for a contract review and resign by me resent same day)
APPROVED- March 12
How did you recieve the LMIA, Is it by email or Regular Mail Post..?