+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Visitor Visa

Feb 28, 2024
PPR 22 FEB :)
Did you get the PPR on the same day of approval? I applied for my wife's visitor visa on Jan 15, it's approved on Feb 21, but the "approval letter" is not generated yet. I see the visa expiry and document number, but the letter which is required for visa stamping isn't generated. Her outland sponsorship is in progress as well. VFS is not taking the passport for stamping without the letter. I called IRCC call center twice, they say you have to wait, that's all.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Guys, help!! I applied for my wife's visitor visa on Jan 15, it's approved on Feb 21, but the "approval letter" is not generated yet. I see the visa expiry and document number, but the letter which is required for visa stamping isn't generated. Her outland sponsorship is in progress as well. VFS is not taking the passport for stamping without the letter. I called IRCC call center twice, they say you have to wait, that's all. Please advise....
there's nothing to do
Just wait for the PPR

REDBLACK99

Star Member
Jan 26, 2024
thanks for the positive vibes :)
any update on your side?
We applied on 31 Jan. No update since biometric was completed on 06Feb, although eligibility shows completed on tracker with background in progress for both in-laws.
Now it is officially over normal processing times.
Any idea on why im not able to track my application on the visa tracker web but thru the regular ircc portal?

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
thanks for the positive vibes :)
any update on your side?
We applied on 31 Jan. No update since biometric was completed on 06Feb, although eligibility shows completed on tracker with background in progress for both in-laws.
Now it is officially over normal processing times.
No update for me as well. My parents application was submitted on Jan 26th. And like you everything stands completed but background check. IRCC is known for sending out bulk updates. We should be prepared to hear in March now.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No update for me as well. My parents application was submitted on Jan 26th. And like you everything stands completed but background check. IRCC is known for sending out bulk updates. We should be prepared to hear in March now.
yup, that's all we can do at this point. I am really praying for PPR soon.

Reactions: Pdm_ca

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Any idea on why im not able to track my application on the visa tracker web but thru the regular ircc portal?
Check if you swapped last and first name in the application. I did this stupid mistake and had to raise CSE to correct that.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015

Zeynep49

Feb 28, 2024
Thanks

My twin brother applied 6 Feb, 2023 in old portal still his application in process, i myself got shocked very fast.. He is planning to withdraw and apply in new portal
What is the new portal? And what is the old portal I am so confused. We have applied for visitor visa for my parents January 30 we submitted online but no updates since then. Can I know the new portal. Thank you

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
J,ai vu dans mon tracker une mise à jour aujourd'hui et le début de l'admissibilité. Qu'est-ce que cela signifie ?

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
It was a Military ADR for my dad.
Hi..
I have applied for my father's supervisa also on 28th Dec. And got ADR on 29th Jan that I uploaded same day and got update on 14th Feb that we are reviewing the document. Since than no update.

Keep me posted when you got any reply.
Thanks

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Hi..
I have applied for my father's supervisa also on 28th Dec. And got ADR on 29th Jan that I uploaded same day and got update on 14th Feb that we are reviewing the document. Since than no update.

Keep me posted when you got any reply.
Thanks
Sure, did you also receive a Military ADR ? What about eligibility, biometrics ?
Apparently some super visa claimants on another thread said that it can anywhere up to 1.5 years just for background check of a military personnel. We will have to wait to see our timelines.
I have applied for visit visa though for my parents.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
J,ai vu dans mon tracker une mise à jour aujourd'hui et le début de l'admissibilité. Qu'est-ce que cela signifie ?
Qu'ils ont commencé à regarder ton dossier, regarde ton compte ircc, s'il y a un ghost update "demande profil/à jour" au lieu de soumis, c'est qu'ils ont vraiment ouvert ton dossier

Reactions: Amourcanada