+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

adityap2024

Feb 5, 2024
Anyone here’s planning to apply for TRV after their AOR? Do we still need to convince the officers that we will leave Canada at the end of our TRV? Considering the policy update, isn’t it clear that people applying for a TRV after spousal sponsorship will come to Canada and apply for an open work permit, leading them to stay longer in the country?

SpousalImmi

Feb 28, 2024
Anyone here’s planning to apply for TRV after their AOR? Do we still need to convince the officers that we will leave Canada at the end of our TRV? Considering the policy update, isn’t it clear that people applying for a TRV after spousal sponsorship will come to Canada and apply for an open work permit, leading them to stay longer in the country?
You would just keep extending it after 6 months. The TRV is an expedited trv different from the regular ones. It's meant to reunite spouses faster while the rest of the PR is figured out.

M91Ottawa

Feb 29, 2024
Hello everyone,
I applied on Jan 16
AOR February 22nd
However I only received the sponsor’s UCI and File number, my spouse did not get an AOR yet. Is this normal?

And is the sponsor’s AOR enough to proceed with the TRV application ?

M91Ottawa

Feb 29, 2024
how come I got the AOR in paper? Lol the AOR is AOR so I don't mind but it's strange considering everyone got email correspondence hmm

Applied 01/24
AOR (paper) 27/02

I got a paper AOR letter today even though we (principal applicant) applied online via the permanent residence portal.
The letter has an application number and sponsors UCI...
None of it can be found on the tracker. I find it strange that it is addressed to me (sponsor) and it has 'sponsor's' UCI.
Same here, I was surprised I got it as a sponsor by mail and my wife didn’t get anything. Not sure if I can start the TRV application yet?

bobowife

Mar 30, 2019
Not sure if its the same in all cases but in mine the sponsor received aor and the uci I (pa) never got an aor in my email. I was able to use the tracker with those credentials

veerG

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Sponsor: Canada PR (also representative) , Principal Applicant: India
PR File Submitted - January 14, 2024
Sponsor AOR - February 9, 2024
Principal Applicant AOR - N/A
Biometrics Request (BIL) - February 29, 2024
Sponsor Eligibility Completed - March 1,2024

Reactions: sdCan and AdaCanada

adityap2024

Feb 5, 2024
QUESTION:

Applied on 5th Jan- AOR on 2nd Feb- Eligibility started on 28th Feb.
I haven't received biometrics or medical requests yet. (I did give biometrics for my study permit application a few years back but I had to pay again while applying for this spousal sponsorship application)

Also, no email communication was received for the eligibility update. Is this normal? And are these processing times slow or fast?

Shah18

Oct 1, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi Aditya, I am planning to apply for TRV for my spouse. Did you get any info, how we can apply and what's required for dual intent?