+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen and I'm planning to sponsor my wife who lives outside of Canada. I have a question regarding the education. Does she need to submit the education certificates for PR spousal sponsorship application? Is it a requirement?

Thanks

mike123456789

May 9, 2023
On my tracker as sponsor I received an update today saying my Eligibility as the sponsor is in progress.
those whose sponsor eligibility is completed, how many days until yours is updated to complete?
It takes 4-6 weeks for Eligibility to change from in progress to completed

Reactions: NamNg

mike123456789

May 9, 2023
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen and I'm planning to sponsor my wife who lives outside of Canada. I have a question regarding the education. Does she need to submit the education certificates for PR spousal sponsorship application? Is it a requirement?

Thanks
In my opinion it's optional

Reactions: Go123

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

My spouse’s place of birth is different in birth certificate and passport. Is it going to be a problem?

Please let me know as I need to submit the PR spousal application soon.

Thanks

yekinney

Jul 19, 2023
Do anyone have any idea about upfront medical for spousal application? It states that wait for cic request before doing it on their website. I booked it a month ago for 9th of September and the next available date is next month. Any recommendations if I should go ahead or just rebook it?

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Do anyone have any idea about upfront medical for spousal application? It states that wait for cic request before doing it on their website. I booked it a month ago for 9th of September and the next available date is next month. Any recommendations if I should go ahead or just rebook it?
Some members have complained that upfront medical is of no use in the faster processing of their application and in fact caused it to delay more than normal.

niso

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Do not get it in advance.. will not be accepted.. wait for IRCC to send letter for medical.

Reactions: yekinney

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Writing from my own experience. I did the UPFRONT MEDICAL for TRV. We got the appointment. The clinic did not ask about file number or anything.
Once the result came, it was uploaded directly on the TRV application by CIC. They use your passport number/name/dob to link the result with the application. We downloaded that medical report and submitted it with the rest of docs, for Spousal PR application. Everything was accepted (biometrics + medical)- AOR came on time and application simply moved to Background Check stage. No delays and definitely faster than the applications, where they were asked for medical, then they had to get appointment, waste a month or 15 days, then send the report..etc.

I'd say if you got the appointment already, just get it done and out of the way. And when you are sending Spousal PR application, try to send in as many docs required as you can, all at once, like police certificates etc. Then all you have to do is to let the process take its time.

All the best.

Reactions: yekinney

kiraganth89

Mar 8, 2023
did anyone from Indian VO get any update recently? My eligibility is in "in progress" for the last 2 months, every other step was completed within a week but the eligibility is taking forever. Any idea what is happening. My timeline is in the sig..

solanshi

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

I applied for spousal sponsorship (outland application - VO Delhi) on 4th January. Application status is still background & eligibility check in progress. Tired of the wait, I am thinking of calling my partner on a visitor visa to Canada. My only worry is that once his visitor visa is approved and my partner is in Canada if he gets a PPR for his spousal application, does he have to go back to India? If not, then how will the process work out?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi,

I applied for spousal sponsorship (outland application - VO Delhi) on 4th January. Application status is still background & eligibility check in progress. Tired of the wait, I am thinking of calling my partner on a visitor visa to Canada. My only worry is that once his visitor visa is approved and my partner is in Canada if he gets a PPR for his spousal application, does he have to go back to India? If not, then how will the process work out?
Hi solanshi - so many posts recently on this same topic. No one he wont have to go back. Everything will be done online. Just search for "virtual landing".
For the moment, just apply for TRV. once he enters canada, update CIC that he is now inside canada and update his address. CIC will provide you the instructions for virtual landing, when the time comes. All the best.

Reactions: solanshi

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
Hello,

My wife who lives in Germany and I live in Canada, got an email saying they are requiring FBI clearance for my wife because she used to live in the U.S for 1 year due to work. She was told that she has 30 days to respond. We have submited the FBI application, but it will take longer than that as we had to mail it to the U.S. When i check the online portal, everything shows complete. I have tried reaching out to the immigration office in Mississauga, but I cant get a hold of anyone. Her application is being looked after the mississauga office. I'm just worried that since it will take longer than 30 days for the FBI clearance to arrive by mail, the IRCC might cancel the application as they mentioned that in the letter.

CADragon

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Got some updates:
1- Our second TRV was also refused on Sep. 17th. (details in signature). > same generic refusal reasons (not convinced of a return to home country .. etc etc)

2- On our PR application, we got an update on GCKey: We didn't get any messages, but the Final Decision now has a date on it and it says that Latest update is Final Decision.
Latest Update:
Final Decision - September 19, 2023
:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also Background check: it used to say "Not Applicable" Now it says the following:

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • September 19, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CADragon

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Has anyone got their Final Decision changed, without anything else changing? How long did it take to get a message about the final decision?
Here's what it says now:
Final decision
  • September 19, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.